Facts 2521-2550: Christmas Special #2

This week's Top Thrity shoutouts go to @jaz4life, @KathlynSPT, and @washingtonstate as they are the Top 3 from my covers contest!

Enjoy!

Fact #2521

Mickey's Christmas Carol was filmed in 1983.

Fact #2522

The movie marked the return of Mickey Mouse and friends in their first film after almost 30 years.

Fact #2523

(Just putting this fact out there since Frozen was released during the Holiday season) Idena Menzel herself confirmed that Frozen 2 is indeed happening!

Fact #2524

Star Wars Episode 7 will be released in theatres Christmas of next year.

Fact #2525

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color went behind the scenes for Babes In Toyland movie's wrap party... except since the whole wrap party was scripted and choreographed, it wasn't really "behind the scenes," exactly. Annette Funicello co-hosted it with Walt and it featured performances by many cast members.

Fact #2526

A bunch of the pieces from the movie - Mary's garden, the shoe house, the pumpkin house and the trees - were an attraction at Disneyland's Opera House for about a year following the release of the movie.

Fact #2527

Polar Express author Chris Van Allsburg gets a reference to his hometown in the movie. When Hero Boy looks at a picture of himself on Santa's lap, you can see that it was taken at Herpolsheimer's. That was a real department store in Allsburg's hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan, which is also where the movie premiere was held.

Fact #2528

When the conductor says "11344 Edbrooke" near the beginning of the film, he's referring to director Robert Zemeckis' actual childhood home in Chicago.

Fact #2529

There's a scene in The Santa Clause where Tim Allen makes a little joke about a number his ex-wife should call: 1-800-SPANK-ME. It should come as a surprise to no one that bored kids actually called this number. Parents were scandalized when they discovered they were paying for "hot, wild phone fun" at $2.50 to $4.99 a minute. Apparently one man's 10-year-old daughter racked up more than $250 in phone bills. Disney removed the scene from post-1997 VHS copies; it has also been removed for television broadcast.

Fact #2530

Mickey's Christmas Carol was the last time the voice of Donald Duck was provided by Clarence Nash, the original voice of Donald Duck.

Fact #2531

The film also marked was the first time that Scrooge McDuck was voiced by Alan Young, who then went on to voice Scrooge for other Disney projects, including DuckTales.

Fact #2532

Vincent Price was slated to do the voice of Santa Claus in Nightmare Before Christmas, but when recording started, his wife had recently passed away. Price's despondency came through in his voiceover, and a local actor was used instead.

Fact #2533

The toy soldiers from 1961's Babes in Toyland also have a cameo in Mary Poppins, which was released three years later.