Facts 4021-4050: The Pacifier Themed Page

Me and my step-mom saw this movie last night, cause I hadn't seen it in forever.

Disney facts in general were coming in a little slow, so I thought, why the heck not?

Enjoy, and vote if you like Vin Diesel!

Fact #4021
The scene where Lulu tells Shane that she thinks he's cute and Shane's embarrassed response was based on a real life incident on set. Morgan York (the actress who plays Lulu), upon meeting Vin Diesel, actually said that to him and he awkwardly responded with a "thank you". The director thought it was so funny that he put it in the film. 

Fact #4022
Originally Jackie Chan was attached to this film. The ninjas in the movie are from his stunt team.

Fact #4023
The idea of the family having a pet duck was introduced by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant when their script had Jackie Chan attached. The running joke was that Chan's plan to kill the duck and cook it for dinner horrified the kids, and therefore Chan ended up reluctantly keeping and taking care of the pet. Even when Chan exited the project and other writers worked on the script, the duck stayed all the way through to the finished film.

Fact #4024
They had to shine a red light at Vin Diesel's ear to get the duck to bite it.

Fact #4025
In the first scene, the ocean is actually a huge swimming pool. 

Fact #4026
When Shane is in Peter's room, before Lulu asks him about his "boobs", on the floor are letter blocks spelling out "One Race". One Race is the production company owned by Vin Diesel.

Fact #4027
The Pacifier was shot in Toronto, Ontario Canada, my home town!

Fact #4028
For the wrestling match scene, it was shot in the school gym of my old high school!

Fact #4029
The first day of shooting for the movie took place with the scene when Shane sees Seth outside the theater.

fact #4030
An actual Navy SEAL was on set, helping out Vin Diesel with a few of his scenes.

Fact #4031
Boo Berries cereal is not sold in Toronto so Adam Shankman's assistant had to drive to Buffalo, NY, to get it. 

Fact #4032
Dwayne Johnson was considered for the role of Shane Wolfe. 

Fact #4033
The hotel room that Faith Ford was staying in was actually built in an abandoned ice rink.

Fact #4034
The director of the film, Adam Shankman makes a cameo appearance in the film as Zoe's drivers ed teacher.

Fact #4035
Just to get one shot of the baby falling asleep towards the end of the movie, they had a camera on him for four hours. 

Fact #4036
When Morgan York and her troop fight the enemies, the crew used a 14-year-old girl to do the cartwheels.

Fact #4037
The play at the end of the movie was shot in a local (Toronto) professional theater called Theatre Passe Murielle. Over four days, many scenes from The Sound of Music (1965) were shot, including "Do, Re, Mi", "My Favorite Things" and "The Lonely Goatherder". These scenes were fully staged, choreographed and costumed. Some of the costumes came from the original "Sound of Music" film. In the end, almost all of it ended up on the cutting room floor. 

Fact #4038
Brad Garrett who plays as the vice principal in the film provides the voices for many Disney characters. He's voiced Chug from both Planes films, Hook Hand Thug from Tangled, Gusteau from Ratatouille, Bloat from Finding Nemo, Uto from Tarzan II, additional voices from Mickey's Around The World In 80 Days, Muncey from House of Mouse, Big Mike from Kim Possible, Torque from Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Dim from A Bug's Life, and Grin from Mighty Ducks: The Movie.

Fact #4039
Vin Diesel voices Groot in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Fact #4040
This film has received a 20% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Fact #4041
The Videogame Lulu is seen playing is either Mortal Kombat 3 or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Fact #4042
The mission named "GHOST" in The Pacifier should really be "GHAST" because it stands for "Government High Altitude..." 

Fact #4043
Lauren Graham who plays the principal of the school and Wolf's love interest has gone on to star in the hit television series Parenthood.

Fact #4044
Brittany Snow who plays Zoe Plummer in the film has since then gone on to voice Niamine in Kingdom Hearts II, Amber Von Tussle in the movie adaption of Hairspray, and is best well known for playing Chloe in Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2.

Fact #4045
Since the release of The Pacifier, Max Thieriot who played Seth Plummer has gone on to play Ned Nickerson in Nancy Drew, Jack Hays in Texas Rising, and now currently plays Dylan Massett in Bates Motel.

Fact #4046
Morgan York who played Lulu Plummer has since gone on to play Kim Baker in Cheaper By The Dozen and Cheaper By The Dozen 2, and Sarah in Hannah Montana. 

Fact #4047
Twin brothers Logan and Kegan Hoover both played the role of Peter Plummer, switching on occasion between scenes.

Fact #4048
Faith Ford who played Julie Plummer, the mother, went on to play Kitty Prescott in Disney's Prom, and is currently filming a TV movie called The Bridge.

Fact #4049
Along with its 20% Rotten Tomatoes score, the movie overall has been given negative reviews.

Fact #4050
Twin Siblings Bo and Luke Vink played baby Tyler in the film.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!