Facts 271-300

Yes! 300 glorious facts! Thank you all for the love and support of this book! I promise you all from this day forward (Thursday April 24th 2014) that I will update this fact book as much as possible, and bring you all the best Disney Facts I can find!

Fact #271

Sid from Toy Story is the garbage man that appears taking out the trash at Andy's House and starting up the truck at the dump while listening to music. They both wear the exact same skull t-shirt.

Fact #272

Every night after closing, Disneyland releases over 200 cats to hunt down any rodents hiding in the park. 

Fact #273

All of the human characters in Ratatouille were designed and animated without toes.

Fact #274

Mickey Mouse was the first non-human to win an Oscar.

Fact #275

Merida from Brave is 16 years old.

Fact #276

Most of the Disney Producers didn't have any faith in The Lion King, thinking that nobody would watch it.

Fact #277

Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice in Wonderland, wanted to marry an 11 year old girl named Alice when he wa 31.

Fact #278

Nemo made an apperance as one of Boo's toys in Monsters Inc. That was two years before Finding Nemo came out.

Fact #279

The girl who voiced Lilo from Lilo & Stitch is also Samara from The Ring.

Fact #280

The original Cinderella was actually egyptian. Instead of wearing glass slippers, she wore fur slippers.

Fact #281

Johnny Depp responded to a little girls letter requesting to help her and her friends escape her school by turning up at the school as Jack Sparrow.

Fact #282

The song that Rafiki sings to Simba in The Lion King is actually a common Swahili childrens song.

Fact #283

There is a comic strip from the 1930's where Minnie left Mickey for another mouse. In response, Mickey attempted suicide several times.

Fact #284

Jason Earles, who plays Jackson Ron Stweart in Hannah Montana was 29 when he got the role and 33 when Hannah Montana The Movie was released.

Fact #285

The story of Cinderella is as old as 1st century BC.

Fact #286

Andy didn't have a dad in Toy Story because human characters are too expensive to animate.

Fact #287

All of the characters in Toy Story blink one eye at a time.

Fact #288

It took over 9 million ballons to lift up the house in Up.

Fact #289

The entire Pixar cast had to take a class in Fish Biology before beginning production of Finding Nemo.

Fact #290

Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo, will be released in summer 2016.

Fact #291

Disneyworld frequently attracts alligators because of its swamp setting. One has been found swimming around Splash Mountain and one in a public toilet block.

Fact #292

Winnie-The-Pooh's real name is Edward Bear.

Fact #293

Before that, Winnie was a girl.

Fact #294

The former Queen of Arendelle in Frozen and the Queen from Tangled are sisters. Which means that Elsa and Anna are Rapunzel's cousins.

Fact #295

As of 2013 there have been 501 Disney films made to date.

Fact #296

Ten women grew their hair out during the production of Tangled and donated it to charity.

Fact #297

Ernie, a legendary guitar player who plays music at the Disney parks was the last employee to be hired by Walt Disney before his death.

Fact #298

Audrey Hepburn was the inspiration for Belle from Beauty and The Beast.

Fact #299

In Enchanted, you can get cell phone service in Andalasia.

Fact #300

When Disney began production on the first Herbie film, it organized a casting call for about a dozen likable automobiles. Included in the mix were Volvos, Toyotas, and, of course, the lovable VW Bug. When the staff inspected the cars, they’d kick the tires, grab the steering wheel, and generally roughhouse each one a bit. But when they finally came to the Beetle, they just began to pet it. The smug car landed the part immediately.

We have reached the 300 mark! :D