Facts 2491-2520: Christmas Special #1

Here is the Christmas facts for this week of my Christmas contest!

The top 30 shoutouts for this week's facts go to @Psych_Pineapple, @solarflight, @ninjatomboy, @jaz4life, @Holly-Anne, @Flutterpanda1, @The_Honey_Badger_, and @band_and_80s_movies.

Fact #2491

The Haunted Mansion is redesighed into a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction during the Christmas holiday at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld.

Fact #2492

Guests can shop at Disney's Days of Christmas Shop any day of the year.

Fact #2493

At the Magic Kingdom, staff uses over 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows on trees across the Disney property.

Fact #2494

8.5 million lights are it at Disney World.

Fact #2495

Hidden Mickeys also make an apperance throughout their Christmas films and shorts.

Fact #2496

Cinderella's castle is covered with over 200,000 LED lights.

Fact #2497

150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations are delivered to Disney World every year.

Fact #2498

11 countries at the World Showcase at Epcot decorate for the holidays.

Fact #2499

More than 200 choir guests sing during the Candlelight Processional.

Fact #2500

Disney's Contemporary Resort has a 70-foot tall Christmas tree.

Fact #2501

One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house can be found at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating.

Fact #2502

One life-size gingerbread carousel can be found at Disney's Beach Club Resort, featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters.

Fact #2503

100 percent chance of snow flurries during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place on select holiday evenings in Magic Kingdom.

Fact #2504

The first Disneyland holiday celebration was in 1955, when Walt Disney placed a Christmas tree in the Hub at the north end of Main Street, U.S.A., near Sleeping Beauty Castle. For many years now, the tree has been located in Town Square near the Main Street Disneyland Railroad Station.

Fact #2505

The lively street show "Phineas and Ferb's Rockin' Rollin' Dance Party" gets a merry twist at Disney California Adventure park, with holiday décor and songs. The show is performed several times a day in Paradise Pier.

Fact #2506

Decorating experts trim nearly 700 trees for the season, on display in Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, the resort's three hotels and the Downtown Disney District.

Fact #2507

The Dapper Dans, the popular Main Street, U.S.A., quartet, add holiday songs to their repertoire, with holiday chimes as accompaniment. Favorites range from the traditional "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to "Frosty the Snowman," "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and "Christmas in Killarney.

Fact #2508

If all the cables and conductors for the Christmas Light Show were laid end to end, they would stretch 48 miles from Disneyland Resort - enough to pass the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank.

Fact #2509

The largest ornaments used at Disneyland Resort may be found in the "bugs-eye-view" world of Flik's Fun Fair at Disney California Adventure.

Fact #2510

Each performance of "A Christmas Fantasy" features 105 performers, 18 float drivers and 12 musicians costumed as toy soldiers from the Disney movie "Babes in Toyland."

Fact #2511

With daily parade performances, it takes approximately 200 performers to stage the parade during the holiday season.

Fact #2512

Decorators use 50,000 Christmas lights on the façade of "it's a small world" Holiday, and an additional 200,000 mini-lights in the trees, hedges and topiaries surrounding the attraction.

Fact #2513

Nearly 150 giant candles decorate the Christmas Tree in the European scene of It's A Small World.

Fact #2514

The gingerbread house in the Mansion's Great Hall is made of real gingerbread and icing. Each year, the Disneyland Resort Foods and Entertainment divisions partner to create an original design for that year's Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house.

Fact #2515

Guests may book guided Disneyland holiday tours which include visits to Haunted Mansion Holiday and "It's a Small World" Holiday attractions, reserved viewing of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade with a delicious holiday treat and warm beverage.

Fact #2516

Paul Williams, who wrote the music for Muppets Christmas Carol movie, also wrote the music for The Muppet Movie.

Fact #2517

Elsa makes a special appearance in the Castle Dream Lights show.

Fact #2518

The Magic Kingdom tree doesn't go up until after the first weekend in December because the first weekend in December is usually when the Christmas Day parade that you watch on TV is filmed.

Fact #2519

The Christmas decorations stay up until January!

Fact #2520

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

******
Tune in next week for the next top 30! Reminder: Covers are due on Friday!
Current count: 3 Entries

Update!

If you want to submit some Christmas related facts and be featured in next weeks top thirty shoutouts, PLEASE COMMENT THEM IN THE CHRISTMAS CONTEST AUTHORS NOTE!