Facts 3001-3030

I still can't believe we've come this far.

Thank you all for your support with this book!

Here, have a cookie! Mickey Mouse shaped cookies! *holds out plate*

Fact #3001

In early concept art, Elsa was based off of Amy Winehouse.

Fact #3002

The end credits of Frozen state that Disney doesn't support eating boogers, but Kristoff just states an opinion that "all people do it."

Fact #3003

Ben Savage and Rider Strong have both directed episodes of Girl Meets World.

Fact #3004

On the subway set of Girl Meets World, there is a poster of Mr. Feenay.

Fact #3005

The show Girl Meets World almost didn't happen because "Topanga" was said to have put her acting career on hold because she got accepted into a graduate school for marriage and family therapy.

Fact #3006

Disney and Pixar are famous for their story plots, animations, and writing and sometimes writers like to throw in adult jokes every now and then in kids movies. One of them being in Toy Story when Woody and Buzz are introduced to Sid's toys. Remember the toy of the fishing hook and the barbie legs attacked to it? Put the two together and I think you know where I'm going with this.

Fact #3007

In Toy Story 2, when Jessie uses her action skills at the end of the movie to let Buster out of Andy's room, Buzz is so impressed with her skills that his wings randomly ejected from his backpack. That is also a hidden adult joke. I just tried to keep it kid friendly.

Fact #3008

In A Bug's Life, there was also another hidden adult joke. "Hey cutie! Want to pollinate with a real bug?"

Fact #3009

In the Incredibles, when the family tries to attempt to steal the RV, if you can listen closely, inside the RV, you can hear one of the guards say "Every time they run, let's take a shot."

Fact #3010

At the Animal Kingdom, Disney uses Florida oak trees and just trims them to look similar to flat-top Acacias. This is apparently a suitable substitute for the animals so it works out pretty well.

Fact #3011

When you're on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride, the lions seem really close but they can't get too close to you. There is an 18 feet deep, 21 feet wide hidden moat separating them from you.

Fact #3012

Typically, tigers spend about 18-20 hours per day sleeping. On the Maharajah Jungle Trek, Disney uses a program called "enrichment" to wake them up. This involves randomly adding things to their environment to try to stimulate them and keep them moving.

Fact #3013

The main icon of Animal Kingdom is the gigantic Tree of Life which stands 145 feet tall and 50 feet wide. And it's all man-made. The tree has 103,000 leaves and each and every one was attached by hand.

Fact #3014

Many people plan their touring plans so they can ride Kilimanjaro Safaris in the morning to see the animals at their most active. The fact is that Animal Kingdom uses lots of tricks to get the animals out and about throughout the day. One of the methods they use is to place a plant called browse in concrete feeders out in the open areas. The feeders are camouflaged as broken tree limbs and stumps so you'll never really even notice.

Fact #3015

The Oasis section of Animal Kingdom was originally going to be named Genesis Gardens. It was renamed to Oasis because Disney felt the original name had religious connotations.

Fact #3016

Bat experts said it couldn't be done but Disney did it - they trained the bats at Maharajah Jungle Trek to respond to an audio cue. When it's time to eat, a dog whistle is blown and the bats head inside for dinner.

Fact #3017

Animals at Animal Kingdom are living the life. They don't even have to stay outside at night. Each evening, a sound is used for each species (beating drum, bell, etc.) which is a cute to the animals to head inside to their sleeping quarters.

Fact #3018

While the animals sleep, the gardeners go out to plant and prune the area to keep up with the animals' eating habits.

Fact #3019

On a real savanna, all animals co-mingle, but of course that's not the way it works at Animal Kingdom. Disney uses various methods - camouflaged fences, impassable bridges and barriers in water - to keep the animals all separated. Disney works hard to keep these out of view to visitors so it all seems connected even though each species is segregated.

Fact #3020

If you turn right off of Main Street and head to the cafe area near Main Street Cinema, you will hear singing lessons near the Art Festival sign. Stay long enough and tap dancing will follow along with piano lessons.

Fact #3021

At Cinderella's Castle in Disney World, look for Jaq and Gus who are up in the rafters of the lobby.

Fact #3022

In 1997, the restaurant located in castle was renamed from King Stefan's Banquet Hall to Cinderella's Royal Table after some thought it was a bit odd for Sleeping Beauty's dad to have a room in Cinderella's castle.

Fact #3023

At Tinkerbelle's Treasure's in Fantasyland, look into the keyhole in the sewing drawer next to the front door to get a peek at Tinker Bell.

Fact #3024

During Mickey's PhilharMagic show, the smells of jasmine and apple pie are piped in.

Fact #3025

Each lantern hanging from the Liberty Square Tree represents one of the 13 colonies.

Fact #3026

Observe the floor in the lobby of the Country Bear Jamboree, and you will find claw marks.

Fact #3027

Just as you are about to go over the hill on Splash Mountain, look for the gopher on the ceiling who pops his head and yells, "F.S.U!" The Imagineer who created him was a Florida State University Fan.

Fact #3028

Just before boarding your boat for the Pirates ride, listen at the tunnel to the right hand side. You will hear pirates trying to dig their way to freedom.

Fact #3029

On Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, look for Stitch at the end of the ride on a mural to the right, facing the photo area.

Fact #3030

At Sir Mickey's Shop, look to the area where the ceiling meets the roof. You will see Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk peeking into the shop.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!

There's still some time for you all to send in questions for my 2 Year Anniversary Q&A! Take a look at the authors note regarding that information and submit your questions there.