Facts 511-540

We are now over 500 Disney Facts! This has been an incredible ride for me, I thank you all for the support that you've given to me and this book. And now without further a do, let's jump into the facts! 

Fact #511 (Provided by JackkSparrow)

Bill Murray was once considered for the voice of Buzz Lightyear.

Fact #512 (Provided by Fanfic_Fanatic13)

In "The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," the scene where Jack Sparrow runs around yelling "I have a jar of dirt!" was not scripted, so the surprised and weirded-out faces of all the other actors are real reactions.

Fact #513

In the movie "The Incredibles" is a bad guy "Bomb Voyage" which appears at the beginning of the film robbing a bank. The same character appears in Ratatouille , but this time more honest way of working as a mime on the streets of Paris.

Fact #514

In the short Boundin a fairly old vehicle called "Stanley" appears. Well in the movie Cars is being "Stanley Steamer" the founder of Radiator Springs. His appearance, however, is like a statue in the movie.

Fact #515

When the gorillas pick up Professor Porter and turn him upside-down, a beanbag toy of Little Brother from Disney’s Mulan falls out of his pocket.

Fact #516

In Brother Bear, Nemo makes a quick cameo apperance in the scene where Kenai disrupts the salmon fishing.

Fact #517

In The Fox & The Hound, Wart in his squrriel form, from The Sword In The Stone makes a cameo apperance.

Fact #518

In Treasure Planet, Jim has a Stitch doll on his shelf in his room.

Fact #519

In The Princess and The Frog, King Triton makes a cameo apperance as a Marti Gras float.

Fact #520

When Lilo is watching the falling star, a Dumbo toy can be seen sitting in her toy chest.

Fact #521

In Tangled, Pinocchio is hidden up in the rafters above Flynn Rider during the I've Got A Dream scene.

Fact #522

In The Black Cauldron, Tinkerbell makes an apperance along with the fairies.

Fact #523

Jock, Peg, and Trusty from Lady & The Tramp make a quick cameo apperance in Oliver & Company. 

Fact #524

In The Great Mouse Detective, Bill The Lizard from Alice In Wonderland, is part of Ratigan's gang.

Fact #525

In Aladdin, The Beast makes a cameo apperance as one of the Sultan's toys.

Fact #526

In 101 Dalmations, Lady and Tramp make a quick cameo during the Twilight Bark scene.

Fact #527

In Monsters Inc. About 3:26 into the movie, when the simulation is ended and the monster reaches for a knob on the control panel to review the videotape, just below and to the left of the knob is a little indicator which reads “510-752-3000”, which is Pixar’s phone number.

Fact #528

When Ham is flipping though the channels looking for the Al’s Toy Barn commercial. All the other “stations” are clips from Disney shorts.

Fact #529

In Ratatouille while the female chef is reading the newspaper, the paper talks about Bomb Voyage a villian from The Incredibles.

Fact #530

The birds from the Pixar short film "For the Birds" are in the traveling scene in Cars.

Fact #531

The tree is first in A Bugs Life but it also appeared in Toy Story 2 when jesse was thrown away and in UP.

Fact #532

In the beginning of the movie, Tiana’s dad writes “Tiana’s PLACE” on the picture. At the end, the menu reads “Tiana’s PLACE”, but the restaurant is named “Tiana’s PALACE”. This deliberate name change is to emphasize the fact that Tiana is now a princess.

Fact #533

Disney originally wanted The Spice Girls to sing for the Muses in "Hercules." Songwriter Alan Menken wanted the British girl group to lend their vocals to the track "I Won't Say," in which Hercules's mortal boo, Meg, resists her love for the Grecian muscleman. Ill fate, or more simply scheduling difficulties, prevented the collaboration.

Fact #534

"Aladdin" was originally designed to resemble Michael J. Fox. A Disney exec didn't find the result attractive enough, so they redesigned him to resemble Tom Cruise.

Fact #535

Bambi was reportedly supposed to watch as his mother's carcass is dragged away by the hunter, leaving behind a pool of blood. Thankfully, somebody pointed out that having Bambi's mom die offscreen in literally the first scene of the movie was scarring enough for the average American family.

Fact #536

Scat Cat was supposed to be voiced by Louis Armstrong, according to Disney Voice Actors. Unfortunately, serious illness prevented the famous jazz musician from playing for the adorable blues kitten.

Fact #537

"Peter Pan" was initially planned to be narrated from Nana's point of view. Nana also was supposed to get to go to Neverland, according to Disney Theatrical Animated Features. Instead, poor Nana missed all the fun!

Fact #538

Disney originally wanted "Toy Story" to be a musical. Director John Lasseter seriously did not want to make a typical Disney musical, like "The Lion King," as he felt that "Toy Story" was more of a "buddy movie." Disney initially was unsure about that choice, noting that, "Musicals are our orientation. Characters breaking into song is a great shorthand. It takes some of the onus off what they're asking for."

Fact #539

There was originally supposed to be a dream sequence in "Lady and the Tramp," in which dogs walked their "humans" on leashes. Tramp narrated the role-reversal scene, in which all the dogs in town took their "pet" humans for a walk in the park. As explained in Paul Muljad's Disney Theatrical Animated Features and later editions of the DVD, the scene was deemed too terrifying, and perhaps confusing, for young children.

Fact #540

Rapunzel's hair is reportedly 70ft long and was created by a team of more than 30 animators and software engineers were assigned to the task of animating it.

********

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!