Facts 391-420

Over 400 Disney facts! *applause* Thank you, thank you, you're too kind! lol This has been an incredible ride for me. At first I thought this would only get like, 100 reads and the read count would go up SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOW because I thought hardly anyone would really read it. I originaly made this for my Disney followers, but pretty much most of everyone of my followers are reading this. So instead of 100 reads I have over 500 reads! That is incredible! Thank you guys so muc for the support. I will continue to make different Theme Pages in the future when a certain movie pops up into my head and depending how many facts I find about the subject.

I just want to quickly take this time to shout out to @MoxieAfterMath for supplying a fact for me, and shoutouts to @ranga_and_proud, @XxBewarexX, @DisneyProject. I want to thank these guys for adding this book to their reading lists, for voting, and/or commenting. Thank you for your support!

Alright! Enough chit-chat, let's go to the facts!

Fact #391 (Provided by @MoxieAfterMath)

There's a "Winds of Change" poster in a screencap when Mike and Sully are in Mike's dorm room. "Winds of Change" was one of Randell's lines in Monsters Inc.

Fact #392

A military veteran takes part in a flag-lowering ceremony every day at 5 p.m. on Main Street, U.S.A. in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Fact #393

If you hang out in the library for a few minutes after the Enchanted Tales with Belle show ends, the crew will explain some of their technical tricks, like bringing the character of Lumiere to life.

Fact #394

Fantasyland's concert hall assigns music performances based on puns; For example, Genie sings the blues because he's blue and Ariel has a choral group as a play on coral under the sea.

Fact #395

Guests often throw coins into the water along the walkway of the It's A Small World attraction. Disney donates that money to Give Kids the World, an organization that makes wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses.

Fact #396

Abraham Lincoln was Walt Disney's favorite president. To accurately represent him in the Hall of Presidents, the park made Lincoln's face from a copy of a life mask created by the sculptor Leonard Volk  in 1860.

Fact #397

The image of Jasmine's tiger Rajah is hidden in the front and back sections of the flying carpet in the Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction.

Fact #398

Disney developed a signature scent for Norway in Epcot. It's called Laila and smells like airy mountains. The perfume is sprayed throughout the day in the pavilion. 

Fact #399

Sometimes in the red phone booth across from the Hotel du Canada in Epcot, the phone rings and it's a Disney character calling that you can have a conversation with. 

Fact #400 (YAY!)

The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was supposed to feature music by the Rolling Stones, but the band proved too expensive for Disney's tastes. Instead, the park paid Aerosmith to use their music on the roller coaster.

Fact #401

Some Spoonbills in the Oasis section of Animal Kingdom are given fake eggs to sit on. This helps prevent over population because it tricks the birds into thinking they've fulfilled their reproductive obligation.

Fact #402

Even though they're talked about in Animal Kingdom, there are no actual hyenas in the park. They're considered too vicious to be kept safely in Animal Kingdom.

Fact #403

The Little Mermaid is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.

Fact #404

Andy from Toy Story started college in 2010 and is probably graduating soon.

Fact #405

Space Mountain opened at Disneyland 37 years ago. 37 years of fast paced fun.

Fact #406

Walt Disney World’s Costuming department has 2 1/2 million pieces.

Fact #407

Elsa is 21 years old at the time of her coronation officially making her the first Disney queen who isn't a teen.

Fact #408

To help create the character Sven, an actual live reindeer was brought to the studio. This helped the animators to make Sven’s behavior and mannerisms as accurate as possible, even down to the way the reindeer scratched his nose with his hind leg.

Fact #409

Disney held onto the story of ‘The Snow Queen’ for decades, originally toyinig with the idea of an adaptation in the 1940s. While the story had a lot of potential for a movie, no one could figure out a way to successfully use the villainous snow queen character. It wasn’t until 2010 that the team working on the movie finally figured out what to do with the character. Thus, ‘Frozen’ was finally able to move forward!

Fact #410

Andy from Toy Story has a last name. Davis.

Fact #411

Andy’s mom is Emily, Jessie’s previous owner.

Fact #412

After Tarzan was released, Disney decided they didn't want to do another musical. Instead they decided to do the action-adventure animated flim, Atlantis.

Fact #413

The creation of the Atlantean language was done by the same man who developed the Klingon language for the Star Trek films.

Fact #414

At the time of release, Atlantis was notable for using more CGI than any other Disney-Animated feature.

Fact #415

When the leviathan attacks the sub Milo says, "Jiminy Crickets, it's a machine!". The film takes place in 1914, and Jiminy Cricket didn't exist until 1940. 

Fact #416

Milo was initially supposed to be a descendant of Edward Teach. Also known as Black Beard, the Pirate. 

Fact #417

Kida is one of the only Disney Princesses who has a full name before getting married (Kidagakash Nedakh).

Fact #418

Jim Varney (Cookie) passed away during production. Several of his lines had to be played by a soundalike. 

Fact #419

One day someone snuck into Disneyland with a weapon and shot a window at the Haunted Mansion. Instead of replacing it, the staff put a spider and a web over the hole to match with the theme of the ride.

Fact #420

The Emperors new Groove was originally going to be a dramatic and serious movie that had a similar story line to The Prince and The Pauper.

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts!