Facts 4411-4440

It's March now! Hope everyone had an awesome Leap Day, and I'm hoping the warm weather starts to come around soon here in Canada! 

In this update we have some news Disney recently announced, some park facts, and some Marvel facts to get hyped for Captain America: Civil War! No spoilers, I promise ;)

Fact #4411
Disney recently announced that Big Hero 6 will continue as an animated series in 2017. It picks up right where the movie left off as Hiro goes through life as the new kid in school while trying to balance life with his friends as the super hero group "Big Hero 6".

Fact #4412
Disney World's Animal Kingdom Park's "River of Lights!" show will debut on April 22nd of this year!

Fact #4413
Disney has also announced that Disney Channel will be making High School Musical 4! With Troy and the gang off in college, this film will focus on a new group of high schoolers and their rivals the West High Knights. Casting for the movie is now underway, and information on how you can audition will be released soon!

Fact #4414
Spaceship Earth is Epcot's most well-recognized attraction, and the ride takes guests on a journey through Earth's past, present, and future. Some of the robotic characters featured on the ride are actually repurposed presidents from the Hall of Presidents attraction. John Adams is a monk, Teddy Roosevelt is a senator in Rome, and William Taft is an Egyptian priest. 

Fact #4415
If you look around closely in Disney's Hollywood Studios, you should be able to find Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop from ABC's Once Upon A Time. The display window contains items that were seen and used throughout the show.

Fact #4416
The person who voiced Sebastian in The Little Mermaid also played Mufasa in the Broadway adaption of The Lion King.

Fact #4417
Wreck-It Ralph has 180 unique characters.

Fact #4418

Epcot is 32 years old. The discovery showplace covers 305 acres and first opened on Oct. 1, 1982. 

Fact #4419
Kylo Ren's odd lightsaber is actually an "ancient design, dating back thousands of years." They are called cross-guard blades or quillions, and their "ragged, unstable appearance" is the result of a cracked kyber crystal within. 

Fact #4420
Michael Jackson tried to buy the rights to Spider-Man from Marvel in the early 1990's so he could play the web slinger in his own produced movie.

Fact #4421
Gwyneth Paltrow claimed her role as Pepper Pots in Iron Man 3 improved her relationship with her son, stating that when he saw her wearing the Iron Man armour, he thought it was "the best thing that's ever  happened to him." 

Fact #4422
The voice of Bruce Banner from the 60's Hulk cartoon was the owner the of the Pizza Shop in The Incredible Hulk.

Fact #4423
The writer of both the Captain America and the Winder Soldier comic books makes a cameo temperance in Captain America: Winter Soldier. He witnesses Bucky getting his memory erased. 

Fact #4424
Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios have films and storylines planned for up to 2028.

Fact #4425
Disney is contractually barred from having Marvel characters at Disney World because there is already a Marvel Attraction at the nearby Universal Studios. This contract has no expiration date.

Fact #4426
In an interview, Daniel Bruhl said that Captain America: Civil War's budget was so high, they could use that money to make up to 20 films.

Fact #4427
Wesley Snipes who plays Blade, tried to pitch a Black Panther movie back in 1992. He even wrote some script ideas for the possible film.

Fact #4428
In "The Avengers", Loki's helmet can be seen on the print of Thor's wrist bands. They're meant to honor Loki as at the time, he was presumed dead after the events of the first Thor movie.

Fact #4429
Marvel Studios can't use the word "Mutant" because the rights are owned by 20th Century Fox.

Fact #4430
The Avengers caused  shawarma sales to skyrocket nationwide. 

Fact #4431
During production of the first Captain America movie, Chris Evans would often help out clean up the set after each day of shooting the film.

Fact #4432
In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the movies Thor, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 all take place in 7 days. This was given the nickname, "Fury's Big Week."

Fact #4433
Star Wars Land at both Walt Disney World Resort and at Disneyland Resort are going to be huge. In fact, they will each take up 14 acres. At Disneyland Park the new land will be built just north of Frontierland. The exact location of the land at Disney's Hollywood Studios is not yet known, but it is expected to take over the Streets of America and possibly more. There have been several closures lately, including the Phineas & Ferb and Cars meet and greets, and more are expected. The Premier Theater is also closed and rumor has it that it will be demolished. 

Fact #4434
There are plenty of planets from the movies that could be the base for a Star Wars Land, but Disney has decided to create a new one instead. According to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the new land will take place in a "gateway planet located on the outer rim, full of places and characters familiar and not so familiar". This will allow guests to put aside any preconceived ideas about what planets like Naboo or Alderaan might look like. 

Fact #4435
One of the main things that Star Wars fans have wanted with a new land is a cantina. Star Wars Land will have one. Few details have yet been released about the new eatery. It is not yet known if it will be full service or counter service, and whether or not there will be character meals still remains to be seen. 

Fact #4436
Two attractions have been announced for Star Wars Land. The first will put guests in the middle of a battle with the First Order. The second attraction will allow guests a chance to control the Millennium Falcon.

Fact #4437
Tickets for Shanghai Disneyland go on sale, March 28th. 

Fact #4438
Shanghai Disneyland will also debut the Mandarin version of Disney Broadway's The Lion King.

Fact #4439
Shanghai Disneyland will feature a Toy Story themed hotel.

Fact #4440
Shanghai Disneyland will have a Marvel Universe attraction at their Gardens of Imagination.

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!