Facts 2941-2970

We got some Frozen Fever facts, one or two Disney World Hotel facts, and a whole bunch more!

Fact #2941 

The success of Frozen overwhelmed directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck and made them nervous about returning to make the short because they knew just how much people care about the Frozen characters.

Fact #2942 

Before it was decided that the short would be about celebrating Anna's birthday, they first had an idea that the short should be about Olaf, but they soon decided to instead focus on Elsa and Anna.

Fact #2943 

Originally, the filmmakers idea for the short was to have Elsa's cold causing havoc in Arendelle. Instead, they decided to make the situation more humerous and decided to show a more fun side of Elsa.

Fact #2944 

Frozen Fever takes place a few months after the events of the first movie.

Fact #2945 

In Frozen Fever, Elsa leads Anna on a scavenger hunt for her gifts, which are connected with a long piece of string all across Arendelle. The inspiration for that came from director Chris Buck's own life. One Easter, he gave each of his sons a different colour string and they had to follow their own string around the house to find their easter eggs.

Fact #2946 

Anna and Elsa's roles are reversed in Frozen Fever. In Frozen, Anna tries to wake up Elsa to play, but in this short, Elsa is trying to wake up Anna.

Fact #2947 

The inspiration for the family protrait in the short came from AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com.

Fact #2948 

The little snowmen that Elsa creates every time she sneezes are actually called "Snowgies".

Fact #2949 

After stores sold out so quickly of Elsa and Anna dresses from the first movie, the filmmakers didn't want that to happen again with Frozen Fever, so they made sure the designs of the sisters' clothes was fixed early on in the animation process.

Fact #2950 

Frozen Fever was shown before the new Live Action Cinderella film, and the original Cinderella film just happened to be the very first Disney film Frozen director Jennifer Lee saw when she was a child.

Fact #2951 

Frozen Fever features a new song called, "Making Today A Perfect Day". It was written just for the short by Frozen Song Writing Duo Robert & Kristen Anderson-Lopez. They wanted the song to have a sunny feel to it to contrast the fact Elsa had a cold.

Fact #2952 

If you listen carefully you can hear a lyrical Easter egg during the song. At the part after Anna expresses her concern for Elsa having a cold. Elsa tells her not to worry as she says, well sings, "a cold never bothered me anyway." The idea came up because kids kept confusing "the" with "a".

Fact #2953 

Frozen Fever was Disney's first animated short sequel to their films. The first was Tangled Ever After which was a short sequel to the film Tangled. 

Fact #2954 

To render Frozen Fever, Disney Animation Studios used the same Hyperion software that was used to make Big Hero 6.

Fact #2955 

Disney World's Polynesian Resort has opened a set of new Bora Bora Bungalows at the resort.

Fact #2956 

The design for Baymax's face was inspirated by the look of Japanese Suzu bells which the director of the film saw during a trip to Japan.

Fact #2957 

Baymax's soft, inflatible design was inspired by the director during a trip to Carnegie Mellon University where he spent time working on soft robotics.

Fact #2958 

When it came to making Baymax move, the animators looked at real robots, moving robots, babies, and even koala bears.

Fact #2959 

But in the end, they decided to look at the movements of baby penguins for Baymax.

Fact #2960 

Big Hero 6 averages more main characters on screen at one time than in any other previous movie by Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Fact #2961 

When the animation team were looking for inspiration for GoGo Tomago, they looked at actors such as John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Gary Cooper, studying their cool, emotionally reserved  traits.

Fact #2962 

They also looked at bike messengers and speed skaters to capture GoGo's movements when she wears her battle suit.

Fact #2963 

Big Hero 6's director got the idea of the lizard suit for Fred when he saw videos online of people dressing up in Kaiju costumes in wrestling matches.

Fact #2964 

Big Hero 6 contained 670 unique background characters compared to the usual 270 in Frozen, 185 in Wreck-It Ralph, and 80 in Tangled.

Fact #2965 

Each of the 670 background characters have up to 32 different clothing combinations, plus 32 different hairstyles and skin colours.

Fact #2966 

Walt Disney Animation Studies encouraged their employees to include themselves as background characters in Big Hero 6, who make up to 200/670 background characters.

Fact #2967 

San Fransokyo features over 80,000 buildings, 100,000 vehicles, over 200,000 street lights, and over 250,000 trees.

Fact #2968 

The Director's kids have been pitching ideas for a sequel to Big Hero 6. One of them being Ninja Baymax coming out of the portal to fight Good Baymax.

Fact #2969 (Employee Story) 

One funny moment was when Space Mountain was 101. I was outside telling guest that the ride was broken down. A man walks up and I repeat the message. The man said "I blame Obama." His wife looked at him funny and asked why. He replied "NASA budget cuts."

Fact #2970 (Employee Story) 

While in line for the Haunted Mansion at WDW back in 2008 a couple was waiting with a screaming baby. The mother sensing this wasn't going to work for the baby or anyone else, tried to get her husband to leave. He refused saying something like "it's no big deal, I want to ride." The baby continued to scream and the woman luckily dragged her husband out while he whined about how "unfair" this was to him. 

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts and stories as much as I did!