Facts 3601-3630

We have reached over 10K comments everyone!

It's wonderful to see my readers reactions to the facts and chatting with one another. :)

This fact update will feature facts from Lilo & Stitch, Gravity Falls, Disneyland, Descendants, and much more!

Fact #3601
The original story of Lilo & Stitch focused solely on an alien living in a forest, trying to overcome his isolation and find out where he came from. Lilo didn't become a part of the film until much later during story development.

Fact #3602
The filmmakers for L&S considered setting the story in rural Kentucky or Kansas before finally settling on Hawaii.

Fact #3603
Stitch was not originally supposed to talk, but when the filmmakers realized the story hinged on him being able to express himself at the film's end, they began developing his voice. Director Chris Sanders provided Stitch's voice during test animation, and eventually everyone got so used to it that they decided to keep it.

Fact #3604
Stitch was originally supposed to the leader of an intergalactic gang, and Jumba was supposed to be his former partner who was sent to earth to find him. The filmmakers eventually decided to make Stitch a genetic mutation instead.

Fact #3605
In the same vein, Lilo was supposed to remind Stitch of what he was like before he became an intergalactic criminal, and inspire him to regain his innocence and goodness.

Fact #3606
After an early test screening showed that audiences thought Nani was Lilo's mother, filmmakers reworked some key scenes to make their sisterly relationship clear.

Fact #3607
Tia Carrere and Jason Scott Lee (who voiced Nani and David) helped rewrite their characters' dialogue using correct Hawaiian colloquialisms and slang.

Fact #3608
According to Hirsch, Dipper's distinctive forehead birthmark really was a naturally occurring phenomenon-sort of. "There was a kid in my high school who had horrendous acne, and I took great pleasure in mapping out his face like the constellations. Without him knowing, I would draw his daily weird acne cluster, and think, 'Hmm, this could be Orion.' And one day he just had a perfect Big Dipper on his forehead."

Fact #3609
Gravity Falls itself was inspired by Boring, Oregon. As a child, Hirsch remembers taking road trips and being "enchanted" that there was a town called Boring. "Gravity Falls is partially from what I imagine Boring might be like. Or maybe the opposite of Boring, Oregon, would be Gravity Falls."

Fact #3610
Ritter shot the pilot for Gravity Falls, but by the time Disney picked it up, he had already committed to another show. That show wouldn't allow him to work on Gravity Falls simultaneously, so he had to let Dipper go. Fortunately for fans, Ritter's other show got canceled, and he was able to step back into the role since the Falls folks hadn't found a replacement for him.

Fact #3611
In one episode, Mabel's pet pig Waddles eats a mushroom powder that turns him into a super genius who has built a machine that allows him to talk. That genius? Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Fact #3612
Alex Hirsch writes all of the ciphers himself. They're usually inserted into the show at the last minute.

Fact #3613
Disneyland park announcer Bill Rodgers and California Adventure park announcer Camille Dixon are married.

Fact #3614
The first few years the Disneyland park was open, it was closed Mondays and Tuesdays on the off-season.

Fact #3615
Eleven-year-old George Lucas was at the park on opening day.

Fact #3616
For many years, anyone was able to own a piece of Disneyland by buying a brick for $150.

Fact #3617
Walt Disney and his wife celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary with a party on the Mark Twain Riverboat shortly before the Disneyland park opened.

Fact #3618
Mal isn't her full name. Maleficent, her mother, won't give Mal her full name until she proves evil enough.

Fact #3619
The reason Ben decided to ask the villains' children to come to Auradon was because he had a vision of a girl like Mal on the Isle of the Lost.

Fact #3620
The dragon at the climax of the movie Descendants took around 2000 hours to animate.

Fact #3621
There was going to be a character named Aziz, son of Aladdin and Jasmine, seen in the movie, but for some reason, he was cut out. Coincidentally, there was also a character named Aziz in the Aladdin TV series.

Fact #3622
A web show called 'School of Secrets" is featured on the Watch Disney Channel app, taking place at Auradon Prep before the villain kids' arrival. It featured Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene's daughter Anxelin.

Fact #3623
During the Tourney scene, Cameron Boyce's character, Carlos's jersey shirt says 101. This is homage to his mother's backstory from 101 Dalmatians.

Fact #3624
The auradon prep colors are blue and gold. This is a reference to the beasts suit color in beauty and the beast.

Fact #3625
Dove Cameron was bullied throughout her entire school experience, starting at about 5th grade to the end of high school, being insecure about her crooked teeth and my pale skin. Gladly she's focused on her dreams and just look at what she's accomplished!

Fact #3626
Dove has a cute white teddy bear she takes with her to her sets.

Fact #3627
Dove is dating her Liv & Maddie co-star Ryan McCartan.

Fact #3628
Dove Cameron was initially cast for a single role on the series Liv & Maddie, which originally was not to center around her. When the show was first developed it was to be about a mixed/step family learning to come together, similar to The Brady Bunch or Step By Step. Most of the cast for the original concept was retained, with changes made to the names of some characters.

Fact #3629
Liv & Maddie Producer Betsy Sullenger is a fan of the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers, and named the family Rooney after the family of the same name which owns the Steelers.

Fact #3630
Emma in Jessie is the only biological daughter of Morgan and Christina. Luke was adopted from Detroit, Ravi was adopted from India and Zuri was adopted from Uganda.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!