Facts 1201-1230: Once Upon A Time Themed Page

This fact page is dedicated to the show Once Upon A Time that airs on ABC which is a channel owned by Disney.

I am seriously addicted to this show right now, I'm almost half way through season 1 and its awesome so far!

I hope you all enjoy these facts had look forward to the new season!

Fact #1201

The blue candle that Emma places on her birthday cupcake to make a wish, not to be alone, is in homage to Pinocchio's Geppetto wishing on the blue star not to be alone.

Fact #1202

The mushroom ornaments on the bookshelves of Archie Hopper's office are a reference to Alice in Wonderland.

Fact #1203

There is a Minnie Mouse figure on display in Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop.

Fact #1204

Archie Hooper's has a Dalmatian named Pongo, named after the same dog from 101 Dalmatians.

Fact #1205

In episode 10, Mary Margaret is reading Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island, which appeared in Flynn's safe house in TRON: Legacy.

Fact #1206

When Belle drops her teacup, it chips-just like Chip in Beauty and the Beast.

Fact #1207

"I'm not a liar," says a defensive August, whom we learn a few episodes later is actually Pinocchio.

Fact #1208

The whale that Pinocchio carves is a reference to Monstro.

Fact #1209

There's a Mickey Mouse magnet on Mary Margaret's refrigerator.

Fact #1210

Astrid's statement, "Someone once told me, 'You can do anything, as long as you can dream it,'" is a paraphrase of a quote by Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Fact #1211

The Mayor's address is 108, the sum of all the Lost numbers.

Fact #1212

The show is filmed in and around Vancouver, Canada. Much of their filming takes place in the quaint river side town of Fort Langley, BC.

Fact #1213

Once Upon a Time premiered on October 23, 2011.

Fact #1214

Grace, Jefferson's daughter, is also the name of the lead singer of the band "Jefferson Airplane" who is popular for the song "White Rabbit."

Fact #1215

The Blue Fairy is going to be a surprise villain in the new season.

Fact #1216

Behind the opening title, Maleficent's unicorn can be seen.

Fact #1217

One of the people in Henry's e-mail inbox is Damon, a reference to Damon Lindelof, one of the people involved in the conception of Once Upon a Time.

Fact #1218

The candy bar Archie takes from Henry's backpack is the Apollo brand. Apollo candy was used frequently in Lost, both in the show and as part of its real-life viral campaign.

Fact #1219

The comic that Henry is reading at the beginning is Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3. It was written by Damon Lindelof, who worked with Once Upon a Time's creators on Lost.

Fact #1220

When Snow White meets Grumpy in the prison cell, Grumpy is humming "Heigh Ho" from the 1937 Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Fact #1221

Moe's flower shop is named "Game of Thorns," a hidden Easter egg to one of the show's competitors, Game of Thrones.

Fact #1222

At the school, Henry is playing Space Paranoids on his video game. Space Paranoids is a fictional video game in the Disney movie Tron. It is also found within Hollow Bastian in the Kingdom Hearts II game.

Fact #1223

Snow White hums a song while reaching for the bluebird, just before she tries to clobber it with a broom. That tune is "With A Smile and a Song," from the 1937 Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Fact #1224

Despite his name being featured in the promos, Roger Daltrey gives an uncredited performance as The Caterpillar, and only has three words of dialogue.

Fact #1225

Just prior to Emma and Mr Gold's plane taking off, the attendant announced they were flying Ajira Airways. This was a fictional airliner used in Lost for the group's return trip to the island.

Fact #1226

Although Mulan briefly appears onscreen, she has no dialogue and is wearing a mask covering everything but her eyes. This allowed the producers to show the character without having to pay for Jamie Chung to play the role.

Fact #1227

At the War Council meeting, Granny is knitting a blanket and its Emma's iconic baby blanket.

Fact #1228

The Evil Gnome in Regina's Garden is the one she stoned in Fairyworld.

Fact #1229

The Wizard of Oz, and Alice in Wonderland do appear in Henry's book, when the wind is blowing the pages.

Fact #1230

Gaston and Belle are already engaged to be married unlike in the Disney version where Gaston would give anything to have gotten even that far.

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I do!