Facts 2461-2490: Beauty And The Beast Themed Page

Be our guest, be our guest, da da da da da da da da!

I do know the actually lyrics to the song, but after watching a  Disney Song Challenge featuring Markiplier I just can't stop repeating that! xD

If you want to see if for yourself, check out the video to the side of the screen. 

That is your Disney Challenge, that I haven't given you guys since the Halloween special, WATCH THE VIDEO! 

And seriously.... HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW ANY SONGS FROM CINDERELLA?! 

Okay, enough ranting. 

This fact page is celebrating the announcement of the new live action reboot of Beauty & The Beast. 

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND!!!! 

I know I only do new Disney movies either before or on their release date. Since the reboot isn't coming out until later this year, (2015), I will be featuring on this page, facts from the original animated film. 

Enjoy! 

Fact #2461 

Walt Disney attempted to develop Beauty and the Beast into an animated film both in the 1930s and 1950s, but ultimately gave up because the writers found the story too difficult to adapt.

Fact #2462 

The song “Human Again” was cut just before production started. The song was later added to the Broadway show and was recorded and animated for the 2002 re-release of the film.

Fact #2463 

 Disney borrowed ideas from Jean Cocteau’s 1946 live-action film. The classic French film included the idea of rival suitor for Belle named Avenant, who tries to kill the Beast upon learning that she loves him, losing his life in the process. Also, the film included the household objects in the Beast’s castle coming to life.

Fact #2464 

In 1988, Disney hired British animation director Richard Purdum to adapt the film. His version of the film was a darker, non-musical adaption; it also took place in 18th-century France. Purdum resigned shortly after, when the decision was made by producers to adapt the story into a musical.

Fact #2465 

After Purdom left the film, screenwriter Linda Woolverton was hired to rewrite the script. Her only writing experience with Disney had been writing a few episodes of Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers.

Fact #2466 

Woolverton went on to cowrite The Lion King and Mulan, and write Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland.

Fact #2467 

When Gaston is falling at the very end, a tiny skull flashes in each of his eyes during a close-up of his face. This is meant to symbolize that he does indeed die.

Fact #2468 

Julie Andrews was reportedly the first choice to voice Mrs. Potts.

Fact #2469 

Originally, Chip had only one line in the entire film, but the producers liked Bradley Pierce’s voice work so much that they expanded the character.

Fact #2470 

Before Chip’s character was expanded, the original “cute” character was intended to be a music box.

Fact #2471