Facts 3361-3390: Inside Out Themed Page

Probably the best Pixar movie since Up! ... At least, that's what I've heard :3

Enjoy!

Fact #3361
The background memories on shelves inside or outside of Headquarters are shots from the 'Married Life' scene in Up. 

Fact #3362
As Riley and her parents trek to San Francisco, they come across birds on a telephone wire from production designer Ralph Eggleston's 2000 short film For the Birds.

Fact #3363
The globe in Riley's classroom has been used in all the Toy Story films. 

Fact #3364
One of Riley's classmates is wearing a camo pattern made up of Toy Story characters. 

Fact #3365
The background city cars of San Francisco all have bumper stickers from Cars. 

Fact #3366
As a tribute to the Walt Disney Family Museum, the filmmakers set Riley's hockey rink in the exact spot the museum is located in San Francisco. 

Fact #3367
Michael Giacchino's is the composer on this film. He's not a newcomer to Pixar. Giacchino has worked on numerous shorts and 5 feature Pixar films including Ratatouille and UP. 

Fact #3368
Inside Out took 5 years to make.

Fact #3369
Pete's daughter was the voice of young Ellie in Up and the inspiration for Riley in Inside Out. 

Fact #3370

Anger was the easiest emotion to bring to life. Joy was the hardest, mostly because they wanted her to have depth and not just personify that happy all the time person you want to strangle in real life.

Fact #3371
Bill Hader, the voice of Fear, had three daughters with his wife during the 5 year production of the film.

Fact #3372
Being great improve artists, the voice artists for the Emotions were able to contribute their own dialogue. 

Fact #3373
For the first time ever on a Pixar film, the filmmakers modeled their camera lenses on real lenses in order to properly convey the difference between what's going on inside Riley's mind and what's happening to Riley in the outside world. 

Fact #3374
On average, it takes an animator one week to complete three seconds of footage. There were 45 animators on Inside Out and took them a year and a half to finish the animation.

Fact #3375
Bring tissues, because according to animator Victor Navone, Inside Out "has more cries" in it than any other Pixar film. 

Fact #3376
The filmmakers used actual brain science to inform the film. That sparked this whole idea of this cool kinetic ball-like sculpture which, at the end of the day, they all go down to long-term memory storage once Riley goes to sleep. 

Fact #3377
One of the film's major scene-stealers is a character that hasn't been unveiled in any of the marketing. 

Fact #3378
Riley's family moves from Minnesota to San Francisco, similar to how Pete Docter is from Minnesota, but now lives in California to work at Pixar, which is just outside of San Francisco.

Fact #3379
Every emotion except Anger has matching eye and hair color.

Fact #3380
Every emotion except Joy has matching skin colour. 

Fact #3381
Michael Arndt, who previously wrote Toy Story 3 in 2010 for Pixar, was initially attached to write this movie but left the project around 2011. 

Fact #3382
Anger reads newspapers with headlines about what's happening with Riley, such as "First Day of School" and "No Dessert."

Fact #3383
The dinner scene where Riley's mom says, "Isn't that right, honey?" to get her husband's attention came from Pete Docter's own experience. 

Fact #3384
The distinct personalities of the different emotions was inspired by the dwarfs in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 

Fact #3385
Bill Hader who plays Fear, is the only voice actor from the five emotions who has previously done voice work for Pixar. He voiced Referee and Slug in Monsters University.

Fact #3386
When Peter Docter and Jonas Rivera pitched the script of the film to Mindy Kaling, she was moved to tears. Her emotional response: I think it's great you guys are making a film that shows that it's difficult to grow up and that it's okay to be sad about it. 

Fact #3387
In the trailer, Anger responds to Disgust's statement that "there are no bears in San Francisco" by saying he has once seen a hairy guy that "looked like a bear". This is possibly a very subtle reference to the 'bear' sub-culture of San Francisco's gay community. 

Fact #3388
Riley's house in San Francisco is a real place. The address was changed; in the film it is 21 Royal St. which is also a new private dining space in Disneyland, near Club 33.

Fact #3389
When an Emotion interacts with the main console, it becomes tinted with the Emotion's respective color.

Fact #3390
All of the voice artists for the emotions except for Joy have all worked together at least once in an episode of the comedy show, "The Office."

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!