Facts 331-360

I found a lot more Toy Story facts I couldn't resist posting them for you guys, and then its back to facts about all things Disney! So I hope you all enjoy part 2 of the Toy Story themed Disney facts. :3 *sings You Got A Friend In Me*

Fact #331

Little BoPeep was originally supposed to be a Barbie doll.

Fact #332

Toy Story 3 is the first sequel to be nominated for the Best Picture Oscar without any of its predecessors being nominated.

Fact #333

Toy Story 3 is also the first animated movie to make over $1 billion at the box office worldwide. It's the #5 highest grossing movie of all-time.

Fact #334

Toy Story 2 is the best reviewed movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. Toy Story 1 is number 4.

Fact #335

Toy Story 2 is one of three Disney movies to win a Golden Globe for Best Picture. The other two are Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

Fact #336

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen both confessed to crying at the part of Jessie's flashback sequence that shows her being rejected, and abandoned by her owner, set to "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan.

Fact #337

Barbie's blue workout outfit from Toy Story 3 is based on the 1984 "Great Shape" Barbie Doll.

Fact #338

The entire animation team shaved their heads prior to working on Toy Story 3.

Fact #339

Thetrilogy was originally going to be named "You Are A Toy."

Fact #340

For the scene where Woody looks at the merchandise from Woody's Roundup, mock-ups of the toys were shown to Tom Hanks in the recording booth. Hanks' spontaneous reactions to the toys were recorded and used for Woody's dialogue.

Fact #341

It took four to 13 hours to render EACH FRAME of Toy Story, the first fully computer generated film.

Fact #342

Buzz Lightyear's likeness was modeled after the facial features of John Lasseter.

Fact #343

In an early draft of the Toy Story, Woody was presented as a sarcastic jerk, and as a result, the film was deemed unwatchable by Jeffrey Katzenberg (then at Disney), and production was shut down on the film until Woody was reworked into a more likable character.

Fact #344

Joss Whedon allegedly created the character Rex the Dinosaur in Toy Story.

Fact #345

The Buzz Lightyear cartoon, the yard sale, and Woody's nightmare in Toy Story 2 were sloppy seconds, all originally conceived for the first film.

Fact #346

Jennifer Tilly, who voiced Celia Mae in Monsters, Inc. was married to one of the creators of "The Simpsons," and Tilly raved about a script written by one of "The Simpsons" writers, Brad Bird. That movie would eventually become The Incredibles.

Fact #347

Megan Mullally, originally cast as one of the character's voices in Finding Nemo, was fired from the film for refusing to do her Karen Walker voice from "Will & Grace."

Fact #348

Julie Andrews reportedly was originally considered to voice Mrs Potts, though Angela Lansbury was ultimately chosen for the role .

Fact #349

Alan Tudyk, also known as Wash in Firefly, and Dutch in Transformers: Dark of The Moon, provided the voices for King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph  and the Duke of Weselton in Frozen.

Fact #350

Of the main characters in Frozen, all five were voiced by actors who had previously had major starring roles on Broadway.

Fact #351

While filming The Princess Diaries in 2001, Garry Marshall, the movie’s director, was living the same house that Julie Andrews was living in while she was filming Mary Poppins around 40 years earlier.

Fact #352

Minty Zaki, one of the Sugar Rush racers from Wreck It Ralph, is named after Hayao Miyazaki, the animator well known for his work on Studio Ghibli films such as Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, and  Howl’s Moving Castle.

Fact #353

The combination that King Candy uses to enter Sugar Rush’s code is the world famous Konami code, used commonly as a cheat code in many Nintendo Games.

Fact #354

Lilo and Stitch and Princess and the Frog were the only Disney films in the Aughties to both be critical and commercial successes.

Fact #355

Bambi only has 1,000 words of spoken dialogue in the entire movie.

Fact #356

Walt Disney built an apartment in the upper levels of Cinderella’s Castle for his family to stay in when visiting Orlando. In 2006, it was turned it into a deluxe suite that is awarded to a randomly selected family each day. 

Fact #357

Guests at Florida’s Disney World gobble 10 million hamburgers, 6 million hot dogs and 9 million pounds of French fries each year. They also drink a whopping 75 million Cokes.

Fact #358

Big Thunder Mountain took 10 years of planning and 18 months of construction to complete.

Fact #359

Splash Mountain in Adventureland features a five-story, free-fall plunge at a 45-degree angle into a splash pool at a speed of 40 miles per hour.

Fact #360

The Walt Disney World Railroad, which serves approximately 1.5-million passengers annually, is an authentic 1928 steam-powered train.

*****

I hope you all enjoyed these facts!