MAKING FRIENDS

Short and somewhat happy cos I'ma bout to tear this wide open, sorry loves

AMITY POV 

2 Weeks Until Trial 

"I'm so proud of you," Spencer murmurs as we stand on the porch, taking my face in his hands. I look into his big brown eyes and try to smile. We'd just spent three hours prepping for trial: Hotch had been studying the lawyers work and the last three hours were torture. Hotch hadn't been holding back, he twisted every word I said but I was getting closer to the twisting them all back. 

"I finally feel like we're getting somewhere." I whisper. He kisses me softly, his fingers sliding through my hair. I feel myself relax. 

"You did so well Angel," he says. He'd taken to calling me angel now my hair was back to its almost white. I am delighted by this. He kisses my forehead and steers me inside, pushing me gently towards the stairs.

"Now to bed, I'll bring you a tea up." he tells me. I climb the stairs to bed, taking my clothes off as I go. I climb beneath the sheets, drained. I'm out before Spencer even returns with my tea. 

=====

1 Week Until Trial

"Amity?" I hear Spencer call. 

"We're in the garden." I shout back. Its been the hottest day of the year so far and Damon and I had spent the day in the garden, drawing. As much as I loved Spencer and the tem it was nice spending time with someone my age, it gave me excitement to go back to school in September. It was nice to unwind after a morning of trial prep. Damon had drawn cartoons of Atticus, he had been all sorts of characters: a detective, superhero, boxer and loads more. Spencer walks out, see's us and then stops in his tracks. That look on his face again.

"Oh, hi." he says. I get up, walk over to him and kiss him on the lips, reassuring him. I would need to talk to him later, Spencer seems uneasy around Damon. He wraps an arm around my waist. "Are you wearing sunscreen?"

"SPF oil," I reply, I see him open his mouth and I roll my eyes. "hush, its not going to be sunny for another week. Look how brown I am." 

"You do look good with a tan, but-" 

"No, no buts. Hush." I put my finger over his lips. "Go get some different clothes on and I'll get us some drinks."

I lead him into the kitchen.

"Angel, I don't know if I can join you, I got work-"

"Its Friday, please don't make stuff up. If you sit in here you'll just be fussing over whats happening out there."

He looks at me shocked, he's about to argue but I purse my lips. 

"Am I really that obvious?" 

I take his hand. 

"Listen to me, he is my friend, we have a lot in common but I am so hopelessly and utterly in love with you and hanging out with Damon isn't going to change that one bit. Sit down and get to know him, you'll really like him. Now go and get into some shorts and join us please."

He doesn't argue, just leaves. I mix up some cocktails in a jug, Penny will be here soon, JJ, Rossi and Derek later. I tuck two cold beers under my arm and head back out to the garden. I place the drinks on the table and call Damon over.  

"Beer?" I offer it to him and he thanks me. "I'm going to fix some food."

Spencer comes out in denim knee length shorts and a light blue button down shirt. 

"Just in time, hey Spencer tell Damon what I got you for Christmas." I grin before going inside, knowing Damon is a huge Cure fan. I go inside and fix up cold meats and salad, bringing under them out under the canopy abover the table. Spencer and Damon are talking animatedly. Spencer only smiles up at me briefly, then goes back to talking about The Cure with him. 

Just as I'm making pasta I hear Penny's knock on the door. I run and let her in, going to hug her she grabs my shoulders and holds me at arms length.

"Oh sweetie, your body is flawless." she says. I flush bright red, glancing down at my crop top and denim shorts. I'd been worried about wearing this, knowing I was the heaviest I'd been since I was ill. Spencer seemed okay with it. I wasn't sure. 

"Hey, you look great. Come on, food almost done and there's cocktails outside with Spencer and Damon." I say, trying to shift the attention. Penny rushes to the window of the kitchen and looks out to the garden.

"I was hoping he'd be shirtless." she sighs. "He's Twenty, I'm allowed to drool, aren't I?"

"Yes Penny, and he was shirtless earlier. Just saying."

"Oh I am so jealous of you." she sighs.

"Come on, cocktails." I say, ushering her outside. She does as she's told and heads outside. 

==========

Five Days Until Trial

"Do you really have to go? I ask, watching Spencer pack his bag. They'd been called away on a case.

"I do, but we'lll b e back before the case, don't worry."

"All of you?" 

"At least me and Hotch, okay?" he says, leaning over and kissing me hard. "I love you, I'm so sorry, I'll be back soon." 

"You better be." I grumble. He laughs, kissing the side of my head. "I love you too."

He glances back at me once more and then leaves.