BIRTHDAY BOY

SPENCER POV 

"Happy Birthday to Spencer, Happy Birthday to youuu." Amity and the team all sing to me. I take a deep breath and blow out the candles of the birthday cake Garcia and Amity had made for me. Its shaped like an open book, on one side of the page it says 'To Spencer Happy Birthday' in Amity's curly handwriting and the other side is little cartoon sketch of me.

"Edible watercolours, who knew?" Amity shrugged as she saw me touch the drawing. She plants a kiss on my cheek and turns on her heel, her blue dress twirling with her.

"What did you wish for prettyboy?" Morgan asks, not hesitating to cut himself a slither of cake. I don't answer, just nudge his arm so the forkful of icing is smeared on his cheek. My wish was simmilar to my hope for next year. "Mature."

I glance over at Amity who is now crouched around the coffee table with Jack and Henry, shes been drawing pictures for them to colour all afternoon. She is currently drawing tattoos on their arms. She lets them draw on hers, her skin turning from white to blue and green and red and yellow. I watch her laugh with the children, tickle, play and chat to them. It's only when JJ interrupts my train of thought that I realise I've been staring for a while.

"You ever think about having one?" She asks.

"I didn't think about it before." I answer honestly.

"And now?"

"And now I'm thinking about thinking about it."

I finally take my eyes off Amity and JJ is looking at me like I had informed her I'd found a cure for cancer. She steps forward, hugs me and then goes to join Amity with the children. She then continues to smile at me for the next hour.

"Why has JJ been looking at you like that all night?" Hotch asks me as he leaves. I shrug and thank him as he wishes me another happy birthday.

"Where's this party going dude?" Morgan sings as he dances over to Garcia, taking her hand and spinning her in a circle.

"I don't know where your party is going, but mine is about to fall on that couch." I inform him, picking up his jacket and handing it to him.

"You're so rude to me," Morgan mutters, snatching the coat from me. "I thought you were fun Spencer now."

"I know, but I was fun Spencer last night, I'll be fun Spencer again soon, but not now. I didn't have time to feel my hangover and its coming now, so goodbye dear friends," I steer him and Garcia to the door, wait for Rossi to get out the bathroom and then do the same to him.

"That was very rude." Amity says, appearing in the doorway, eyebrow raised as I close the door. "I didn't even get to say goodbye."

"Birthdays make me feel incredibly uncomfortabe."

"Oh, so you don't want your present?" she purrs at me. I frown, she'd been officially banned from buying me a birthday present.

"I told you-"

I don't finish my sentance, she turns around and walks down the hall, her hips swinging from side to side. I flop onto the couch, seemingly fusing together as I melt into the comfort of the cushions. As much as I love my friends, their partners and their children I also love quiet and calm. Its not even Ten yet, but as I close my eyes I start to drift off.

"Are you asleep?" I hear an outraged voice wake me. I jump, startled. I look up at Amity and she has her hands on her hips. She's no longer wearing the dress she was before, she has her dressing gown wrapped around her, although she's still in her heels .

"I might have been, I'm tired." I murmur, rubbing my eyes.

"How tired?"

"Pretty tired."

"How about now?" and with that she undoes her robe and pushes it off her shoulders. A sound that can only be described as pathetic slips from my mouth as I see her. She is wearing black stockings with lace around the top, red and black lace panties and a black and red lace corset. I just sit staring at her, eyes travelling from her hills, up to her hair. I don't know what to say or do, I feel paralysed.

I see her body language change and her face goes from confident to embarrassed. I realise how long I've been staring and stand up, walking over to her, closing the distance in just two strides. I grab her and kiss her as hard as I can.

When I pull back she smiles up at me. I place my hands on her waist and step back, looking at her again. I spin her in front of me and the pathetic whimper sound escapes me again.

"Come on then birthday boy." she says as takes my hand and leads me to the bedroom.

*2 months later*

"Do you miss me?" She teases on the other end of the phone.

"Well, duh." I sigh. "Don't I always?"

"There's an angry looking letter here from your landlord by the way."

"Ah, my lease is almost up, I usually renew it straight away but I've been hesitating."

"Why?"

"What would you think to going and finding a new place for us to live?"

"Really?" She sounds excited.

"Yeah, if you want."

"That's exciting."

"Okay, well, I'll sort it out when I get back." I can't help but smile. Then I take a steadying breath and get ready for the news I'm about to tell her. "Am, the trial is in two weeks."

I had to tell her that Finlay had changed his plea, despite getting caught red handed, and that she might have to give evidence. She had broken down.

"Oh,"

"I haven't heard anything about it, so I don't think they'll need you."

"Okay, that's good."

"Hey, so what are the deal breakers for our new place?" I say, tryi g to edge in the same enthusiasm as before.

"A pool, stables and 100 acres of land are the necessities."

"Ah, of course, anything for you, princess." I chuckle. "Okay, at least two bedrooms. We could turn te second into an office-slash-studio?"

"You've been thinking about this, huh?"

"Yes, lots."

"Well, I'm very excited but need to sleep, so goodnight Spencer."

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too, be safe."

this is so short, less than half than usual, but I split up with my boyfriend of nearly three years and idk when I'll be writing next. I'm sorry guys.