MAKING PLANS

AMITY'S POV

(I know Spencer's birthday is in October, but I'm changing it to fit my purposes)

He wouldn't stop staring at me, all through the cab ride whenever I looked at him he was looking at me.

"Stop it" I told him.

"I can't" I shot him a look and he grinned goofily at me. "I like your hair."

It's the first time since I'd been in recovery that my hair was dark. I thought it would always remind me of bad times, but when Penny suggested it I had a strange surge of determination, make good memories with the dark hair. The dress Penny helped me pick out was gorgeous. I wore black strappy heels that made me feel really tall, but I was still dwarfed beside Spencer.

"We're here," the taxi driver says as he pulls up to the curb. Spencer rushes out the car to my door, opening it for me. He gives me his hand to help me out.

"Thank you," I smile at him. He pays the driver whilst I gawk at the restaurant we're meant to be going in. The whole front is black tinted glass; you can't see a door, just a large man standing in front of it. I don't even see a name to it.

Spencer takes my hand and leads me up to the man.

"Table for two, under Reid?"

The man looks at the tablet he has in his hand, taking his time to scroll down the list.

"Right this way." He hits a button and the door opens, it makes me jump. A smiley woman is two feet from the door. She has short-cropped black hair and is all in black.

"Come with me," we follow her down some stairs, she talks as we walk. "So, how long have you been on the waiting list for Black? The average wait time is about six to eight weeks"

"Two days." Says Spencer airily. The woman looks back at Spencer in shock before walking on. I shoot him a look. He places a hand on the small of my back, his fingers just gently brushing my bare skin. "Its amazing what an FBI badge can get you" he whispers in my ear as we reach our table.

I feel a blush rush to my face, as it always does when cocky Spencer makes himself known. Spencer allows me to get into the booth first, and he comes and sits beside me.

The woman hands us menus, fills a glass of water up for each of us and leaves. I open the menu as I take a sip of the drink and almost choke on it.

"Have you seen how expensive the stuff is here?" I hiss across the table. He frowns at me.

"Yes, and this is my treat, so don't look at the prices, if you try and order the cheapest thing on the menu I'll know."

I smiled up at him from under my lashes. I surveyed the menu and choose a pink cocktail along with chicken on a stick to share for an appetizer.

"Aaaand the 'sizzlin chicken'." I told the waitress, handing back the menu.

"I'll have the same, thank you." He did the same. When she left he put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful?" he whispers in my ear.

"You might have mentioned it once or twice." I giggle.

"You know, its Christmas soon, we should make plans."

"Yeah, what's happening?"

"Well, I visit my mother in between Christmas and New Year, and I was hoping that you would come with me."

I looked up at him; I felt nerves creep on me already. His mum was his only family really, she was a major part of his life, she was his mother for goodness sake.