SEEING HOW THINGS GO

REID'S POV

Can I just say thank you to everyone who has read this, my number of reads has shot up over the last two days, so cheers! Also, Merry Christmas you gorgeous people.

More Reid kisses, I couldn't resist, I won't even apologise.

Rated M for a reason

Reid slash/lemons

I looked at Amity, sleeping quietly in the back of the taxi. I'd organised a meal with just the team and us afterwards. She had needed a while to compose herself after the funeral, after saying goodbye and thanking each person as they had left. I'd managed to get quite a large part of the Quantico FBI to attend the funeral, I didn't even have to explain much, they knew who she was, the whole state knew who she was. The sole survivor of one of the biggest string of murders Virginia had ever seen.

She looked so much younger as she slept, you couldn't see the pain and hurt in her eyes, pain and hurt you wouldn't expect to see in someone three times her age. She had said she felt like she'd aged ten years over the last few weeks and I hadn't known what to say.

We pulled up outside my house and I paid the driver, getting out and going to Amity's side of the cab. I open the door and pick her up, carrying her small frame with ease. She wraps her arms around my neck, falling back to sleep almost as soon as her head was rested on my shoulder.

I managed to open the door and get inside without much trouble and I go to take her into her room.

"Can I sleep with you in your bed?" she asks, almost inaudibly.

I don't say anything, just take her to my room and lay her on the bed. As I walk back to the hall I can't help but wish I had tidied up this morning.

I go to the kitchen, loosening my tie and chucking it on the couch, followed by my suit jacket.

Working for the FBI I attended a lot of funerals, too many, so I had a lot of funeral suits. I kick my shoes off and unbutton my top button before going into the kitchen and pouring myself a glass of water. I drink it down quickly and then refill it, taking it with me to my room.

The first thing I notice is that she'd turned off all the lights but my bedside lamp, then I noticed her dress on the floor. I look up at her.

She's wearing my t-shirt from last night, it had been on the floor with the laundry I hadn't been bothered to do yet. I turn the top light on low and see she's only wearing my shirt and a pair of blue panties. She's lying with her back to me, the covers kicked off, I try and look away but I can't, her butt is round and perfect. The shirt had ridden up to expose the curve of her waist, for such a small girl her legs seemed endless, smooth and slightly tanned. She was perfect.

I stripped down to my boxers and pulled on some pyjama bottoms and t-shirt then turned the light off. I hesitated before getting in bed with her. I lie on my back and try to not think of the perfect girl lying half naked next to me.

I wake up and it's still dark outside. It takes me a moment to realise Amity's body is pushed right up against me, we're actually spooning. My arm is wrapped around her waist, her back against my chest, that perfect ass against my…

I shake my head clear of the thoughts; I mustn't be having those thoughts about any girl, especially not this tiny person in my bed. She murmurs something in her sleep and wriggles against me before settling back down.

I take the hand that's resting against her stomach, and without being able to stop myself I trace the curve of her waist with my finger. I snatch my hand back and tell myself to stop it. She had said to forget Saturday night, Sunday morning, whatever.