FIRST DATE

REID'S POV

"I've just landed, I'll be home soon." I say to Amity on the phone. It took exactly three weeks to solve this case; I felt a load off my shoulders as soon as I stepped off the plane.

"Good, I've got a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise Spencer." She laughs.

"Fine, I'm leaving right now, I'll see you in about half an hour."

"See you soon." She says excitedly. I put the phone in my pocket and drive home, thankful there is no traffic. The lights are off as far as I can tell. I open the door and the only lights that are on are the lamps, there are pieces of paper with arrows on them on the floor. They point to the counter. I walk over and find a note on it.

Follow the rules

Follow the arrows

Go and have a shower –there's no rush, take your time

Then come to your room

I smile and shake my head, what a wonderful, strange girl. I follow the arrows to the bathroom. She has laid out a pair of pyjamas and the biggest towel. I spend a while in the shower, doing as I'm told.

After I'm out I towel dry my hair and slip into my bottoms I find another note.

I have pizza in the other room

Hurry up

I grin and enter my room, as I step through the door the smile grows. She's draped sheets and blankets around my room to form a tent, fairy lights are strung up everywhere.

I look at her as she stands up. She's wearing my white Nirvana shirt and a pair of white thigh high socks, if she was wearing shorts they were too short to be seen. Her hair is pulled up into a messy bun on top of her head and she has no makeup on. She looks so stunning.

"I hope you don't mind, I got bored and thought it'd be cool. I'll tidy up I-" she starts.

I cut her off by kissing her. As soon as her mouth is on mine I'm home. Her kisses gave me a feeling of warmth and safety that another human had never made me feel before, it was a slow, deep burn in the pit of my stomach.

"Its fine." I murmur against her lips. "I like it."

She doesn't respond, just sighs and wraps her arms around my neck, standing on her tiptoes to reach me. I wrap my arms around her waist and lift her up, her legs go around me.

"Welcome home." She whispered as we finally break the kiss. "You must be hungry, I got your favourite pizza."

I glance over at the bed, only now noticing the food and drink around the room. I place Amity on her feet, but keep my arm around waist.

"What's all this?" I ask, motioning to my cool box on the floor next to the bed.

"Sit there." She points to my side of the bed and I do as I'm told. "I have all the provisions for us not to leave the bed tonight, so you can completely relax and let me take care of you."

I eat as much food as I can and nod a thank you as she hands me a beer. She switches Archer on and I let my brain switch off, barely noticing as Amity takes away the trash.

"Another beer?" she asks me. I look at her and nod, taking it. She opens one for herself.

"Come here." I murmur as I wrap my arm around her, pulling her more into my side. I kiss her on her temple. I settle back down and lie there, content. My fingers play with her hair.