DISTANCE

AMITY'S POV

Reid lemon

Reid slash

Even though this is short I'm posting it 'cos I'm gonna busy over the next few days.

"You look worse," Penelope says as I let her in through the door. I grimace, knowing she's right. Its now Monday and I've barely slept since Spencer left, only when exhaustion takes its toll do I get any sleep, and even then its fitful and nightmare-filled. She'd come to check on me on Friday and I know the smudges under my eyes were worse now.

"I haven't been sleeping well," I say. "Do you want a drink or something to eat?"

It was now Monday and Spencer had been gone for almost a week, he wasn't due to get in until Four AM tomorrow. Even though we spoke on the phone every night, and sometimes during the day, I missed him.

I'd been filling my days with books and painting and cleaning the house from top to bottom every day, anything to keep me distracted.

"No, I only came to check up on you," she grinned at me and I smiled tiredly back.

"I need more coffee," I say, fixing myself a black coffee with six sugars. I can feel her eyes on me as I do.

"Do you miss him?" she suddenly blurts out. I pause, brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Yes," I admit. "He's nice to have around." I try and laugh but it doesn't sound real.

"He told me and JJ you kissed." I feel my face flush a deep red and I avert my eyes. "I'm happy, but also concerned for the both of you."

"We've agreed to just see how it goes,"

"What does that mean?"

"I don't really know myself." I whisper.

"Do you like him?" she emphasises the word 'like'.

I'd asked myself the same question at least a thousand times. I honestly just didn't know. He was so beyond anyone I ever met. He made me laugh, he made the bad things easier to live with, it was like whatever load I had he shared it with me. It wasn't just about how supportive he was either, there's a really strong attraction between us. He makes my insides dance and squeeze.

"I think so, but I don't know. In my head I feel guilty for even thinking about this stuff after my parents…" I trail off and then take a deep breath. "I don't want anything to happen and it not work because I'm jus all messed up and then I've ruined it with the only person I have in my life."

"I think you should just see how it goes." She says finally, after a while of silence. We giggled and she changed the subject, we went on talking for two more hours before she had to leave.

"Try and get some sleep," she said, hugging me tight.

"I'll try," I smile, saying goodbye and closing the door behind her. I fix myself a quick dinner and drink and head for Spencer's room. I fall asleep with more ease with the smell of him surrounding me. I pick up the psychology book I've ben reading and open up to the page I was at. I fought against the tiredness as much as I could, wanting to be awake when he arrived home, but that didn't last long.

I was woken up by the sound of the front door slamming shut. I jumped up fast, even in my sleep filled haze. I run into the hall and see Spencer pulling a face at the door.

"Spencer," I say and he jumps around, grinning.

"The wind caught the door, I didn't mean for it to slam."

I stand still for a second, staring at him, and before I know what I'm doing I'm running at him, wrapping my legs around him. He chuckles but holds me tight. I press my face into his neck and he walks slowly to his room, abandoning his bag by the door.