ENGLISH MUFFIN

AMITY'S POV

"Amity," a voice said, somewhere someone was screaming. "Amity, wake up, its ok, its just a bad dream."

I sit up and its only then I realise I'm the one screaming. As I stop I'm shaking all over, I can't breathe properly. Arms are wrapped around me tightly and I'm being pulled into his lap.

"I'm here, shh, its ok, its ok" Spencer soothes, rubbing circles into my back.

I grip onto him tightly, crying onto his shoulder. Every time I fall asleep I am back there, with him, with them. I'm going through it all again, but this time I can't hold in the screams. Spencer whispers gentle things in my ear; soft things that bring me back to now. He lies back down and pulls me into his side, holding me close, stroking my hair.

"I've got you." He murmurs. These words make me feel safe I press my nose into his chest and take in his smell, soap and vanilla. We lie in silence, his fingers still playing with my hair. I tangle my leg in his. I hear his heart pick up speed.

"Are you ok?" he asked quietly.

"Better now."

"Can I get you anything?"

"No, just don't go anywhere"

"I'm not going to move, I promise." He looks down at me and moves the hair from my face. I feel a blush spread across my cheeks. "You're beautiful"

I feel the blush deepen and I smile at him.

"You're silly." I replied. He laughed loudly, his chest growled with it. He let his chuckles die down before speaking.

"You're funny Ammy." His voice is tired, almost a murmur. I smile at the nickname.

"Ammy?" I can't help but question.

"Sorry, don't you like it?" His voice was barely there.

"No, I like it." He gives me a little squeeze and he falls asleep. I look up at him. He has sharp, angular features. His brown hair sticks up at odd angles; sleep making it wilder than I'd ever seen it. His thick eyelashes fan across his cheeks. He licks his lips. I was surprised to see how muscular his arms were, he was tall and thin but he wore long sleeved shirts and cardigan that his the definition of his muscles. His hold around me felt strong, I fell asleep thinking about how nice it felt to hear the beat of his heart against my ear.

When I woke up my leg was hitched up around his waist and my face was buried into his neck. I pulled back, hoping he was asleep. He wasn't. He was staring at the ceiling, jaw taut.

I unhook myself from him.

"Sorry." I murmur. He looks down at me and smiles.

"Don't be, good morning"

"Morning."

"How was the rest of your sleep?"

"Uneventful."

"I'm glad, do you want some cereal? That's all I have for now."

"Cereal is fine."

He stands up first and stretches. His t-shirt rises and I get a glimpse of his stomach, I was surprised again at how muscular he was. He wasn't really muscly, but he had clear definition. I flush and look away. He walks out into the hall and I clamber after him.

As fixes us some cereal I sit at the breakfast bar. I watch him and smile as he hums a tune I'm unfamiliar with. He turns around and places a bowl of Lucky Charms in front of me.

"These are so hard to find in England, and when you do the prices are ridiculous." I tell him as I take a bite. It tastes good.

"Did you know that Lucky Charms were the first cereal to intentionally put candy in their product?"