PHONE CALLS

AMITY'S POV

Super short but idk 

"I miss you," I whisper into the phone.

"I miss you too," he sighs heavily. He'd been gone for nearly three weeks, I knew how frustrated he was. The entire team was on edge, so was the whole of Chicago. There had been six murders in a month, all victims had been shot in the head at point blank range, but there was no link between victims and little to no other evidence than the bullet.

"How are you?" I ask him, pulling the duvet tighter around me.

"Ok, I guess." He says. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, I got the groceries delivered. I couldn't leave the house." I whispered the last part. Penny had been flown out there a week ago and I was lonely.

"Don't you worry about that, you have everything you need?"

"Yeah, I'm bored though. How would you feel if I did a big painting for the living room?"

"Yeah! I'd love that." I feel myself blush at his enthusiasm. "What were you thinking?"

"Not sure yet. I'm thinking about it."

"That will be good, for you to have a project, keep your mind occupied. How did you sleep last night?"

"Not very well, I was up by half seven."

"We were on the phone until gone three."

"Well, how much sleep did you get?" He clears his throat and I laugh. "Exactly."

"I don't sleep well without you, I didn't before I met you to be honest."

A silence falls between us. A question had been bubbling on my lips for weeks. I had been working myself up for a while, chickening out at the last minute every time.

"Spencer, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"You see how we said how we'd just see how things go? Well, we've been making out and fooling around and stuff, and well, we cuddle and we talk for hours and confide in each other and…" I took a deep breath, I was babbling. "What are we?"

"Um, I don't know, I mean… I like you. A lot." He clears his throat again. "I mean, how would you feel about being my girlfriend?"

I feel a weird feeling start in the pit of my stomach and spread through to the tips of my toes. How would I feel? How would I feel about being this perfect humans girlfriend? I can't even express how I feel. Of course I wanted to be his. I've never met anyone like Spencer. My savior.

"Amity?" he says, I hear his voice break with nerves. I hadn't realised I had been sat silent whilst lost in thought.

"I'd like that." I squeak. He let out a long breath.

"You scared me there." He said, laughing. There's a brief silence. "I wish I could kiss you right now, this isn't how I thought I'd ask you this. I've been rehearsing it in my head. I never thought past you saying yes."

"Why not?"

"If you hadn't noticed you're pretty out of my league." I snort. "What?"

"Shut up Spencer, you're being ridiculous." He 'hmphs' on the other end of the phone. "I hate that you're so far away."

"I hate it too." His voice is soft now. As I close my eyes I imagine him here with me, I can't help but sigh. "I can't wait to see your face."

"Aha, its looks the same as it always does."

"You're beautiful Amity, I want to see your face every day."

"Give me one minute." I say, placing him on hold. I take a picture of myself; I have my red hair tied in a plait, draped over my shoulder and no make up, my freckles are still prominent from the summer. I know he'll be able to see I'm wearing his Joy Division t-shirt. I send it to him. "There you go."

He takes almost a minute to respond.

"You are so god damn beautiful." He sighs. "I like it when you wear my clothes."

"I think the shirt looks cute, do you want a proper picture?"

"Yes, I'd like that."

I hold my phone at a high angle, getting the shirt and my legs in the picture. I send it to him, feeling a thrill go through me as I do, I'm not entirely sure why. I hear him take a sharp intake of breath.

"Wow," his breath is shaky. I shiver. "You look great. You always look great"

I feel a blush creep on my cheeks as I smile.

"I hope I'm home soon." He whispers.

"Me too." I reply.

"We should get some sleep."

"I know."

"Sweet dreams, my love. I'll message you in the morning."

"Goodnight, be safe."

"Bye."

"Bye."