"WELL, THAT WAS DIFFERENT"

warning: spencer reid smut

We had returned to the house the next day, just to see what it looked like in the day time. It was just as beautiful, it was strange but to me it wasn't the type of place I'd have pictured us in, but at the same time its seemingly exactly what we were looking for. We put an instant offer in and the house was ours in a matter of days. I dropped the last box in the garage until we can begin to unpack and I sigh as I rub my sore shoulders. My muscles ache from working all day, having to spend our last night on the floor in the old house hadn't helped either, with most of the stuff being here.

I had work tomorrow but Amity didn't seem bothered, having this project to do was something good for her. I walk back into the kitchen and Garcia and Amity are sat cross legged on the floor, drinking wine out of mugs.

"Last box is in." I tell them as I take a beer from the coolbox and sit beside Amity. She takes my hand and continues her conversation with Penny.

"I think I fall in love with this place every time I see it." Penny says as she looks around the kitchen. Our tables, chairs and other bigger furniture were in storage until we had redecorated, as there was no room for it in the garage.

"So do I, I;m so excited to get stuck in, I'm going to strip any old wallpaper or paint, and maybe tackle the front garden." Amity chatters excitedly. "We must go shopping soon though."

"Oh, I almost forgot, your final payment came through and voila." Garcia hands Amity an envelope. I can see her hands shaking as she tears it open. Her eyes pop.

"$1500?" she gasps. "I got paid $1500? That's amazing."

"Oh no honey, you got paid $1500 for one, here." she thrusts a whole bunch of envelopes at her and I watch Amity's shocked face. "The last one you got $2200 because it was the last one, Amity, you don't look happy."

"What, god, no, I am, I truly am, I am just overwhelmed. Jesus." her eyes water ever so slightly but she blinks a few times and its gone. "Thank you for this, I just, wow." she shrugs.

"You are so adorable." Garcia checks her watch. "Well my little lovebirds, it is time for me to go. I will probably be over tomorrow, let me go wake Derek up to take me home. Don't worry about seeing us out." she leans forward, kisses Amity on the cheek before getting up and ruffling my hair. We sit in silence until we hear the door slam.

"Are you as tired as I am?" she yawns. I nod, reaching up and grabbing the counter to haul myself up. I offer her my hand and she takes it, I pull her to her feet easily. We head upstairs, pull of our clothes and fall into our bed. Well, the mattress on the floor. I'm exhausted, I reach for Amity and pull her to me.

"Can you believe how much my paintings sold for?" Amity's voice is tired and partially muffled due to the fact her face is pressed into the pillow.

"Yes I can believe it, you're great." I murmur. She giggles and says something else but I'm asleep before I can ask her to repeat it.

I'm awoken by my phone ringing and I groan loudly as through my sleepy haze its the work tone. Its always at the worst times. I suppose any times are bad times but today was definitely a really bad time.

"Did you make them have a case to get out of decorating?" Amity's barely there voice asks. I answer the phone.

"Reid, you gotta come in, we're off to Atlanta, I'm sorry." Garcia informs me.

"Be there in twenty." I sigh. I drag myself out of bed, pull on yesterdays clothes and my on the go bag before leaning down and kissing Amity on the forehead. "I'm sorry, I love you."

"Love you too."

I head outside into the bitter morning air, I walk to my car and can't help but smile as I look at our house in the early light. The roads are clear and I drive smoothly to the office, everyone's sat around the table already when I arrive. I pick up the tablet and start to read over the case notes.