SHE KNOWS

She's been away from me for a little over a week, he's left her beaten for a while. She lay in the small bed for almost two days after his attack, not moving. Throughout his aggressive onslaught of physical and verbal assault on her she barely made a sound. He eventually grew tired of her lack of response and left shouting more abuse before leaving. 

He didn't come to see her, just left food; bare minimum, but enough. I sleep little, I eat little, I watch a lot. We all do. There's always someone watching her. I've heard nothing from Finlay, he doesn't want anything in return for this, he is simply torturing me. He wants me to suffer the most pain, and he's doing a great job. Seeing her beaten and broken brought me pain like I couldn't comprehend. 

I get up and stretch my aching muscles and glance at Garcia, her head down on the desk, gentle snores coming from her. I get a cup of coffee and then come back, its just as I sit down that Finlay enters.

"He's back." I inform them all.

Garcia jumps awake and Rossi gathers around.

"So, I wanted to talk about you and Spencer," Finlay sighs, sitting opposite Amity. "I mean, I knew it was gonna happen when I heard you were moving in with him. He felt an obligation to you, a responsibility, he might as well get something out of it whilst you're there. He paid for everything. Right?" 

 Her lips purse. 

"Oh no, your parents seemed somewhat responsible people, they had life insurance. Living off your dead parents money, right?'

Amity's face is blank for a while. He knew her insecurities and he dived in. Despite my persistence i always knew in the back of her mind she felt a burden, felt like I thought I had to look after her. But that wasn't it, I loved her more than anything on this planet. She knew this, but I also knew her insecurities overtook her rational thought. 

"No angel," I whisper, touching the screen. "You know I love you, don't listen to him. You know you're my world.""

Let me guess, some flirting, exchanged glances, awkward tension? A few too many drinks and a kiss happens, kiss develops to staying in his bed. Did he help you with your nightmares Amity?" he cackled evilly. She just carried on staring at the spot on the wall. 

"Kisses turned into you sliding your hands into his pants and sticking his cock in your mouth and his fingers. I bet he waited, didn't he? I remember reading you went to meet his mom in Vegas, I bet there was a nice hotel and a meal. Those three magic words and hey presto: panties gone. Am I along the right lines? I bet he fucked you nice, got his dick nice and wet after putting up with you for that long. Used goods though, I bet the thought that I was there before him will always cloud his erotic thoughts."

"No, no, no!" I cry, banging my fists onto the table. "He's taking our love and twisting it. I love her. He's making it so dirty." I begin to sob.

"Spencer, Amity is one smart cookie and even a fool can see that you love her. You'd worship the ground she walked on if you thought it would please her." 

"But her mind, she over thinks. She doesn't see herself as she is, she sees herself as ugly and fat and useless when we don't remind her how wonderful she is. He knows about her eating disorder, he knows that her insecurities can break her and he's trying. She's beautiful and brilliant but she lives off how she can make others happy and she's been away from people who love her for weeks if we include our last case.

"If she knows one thing," Rossi whispers, looking at me in the eye. "It's that we love her."
I know that. But I also know that someone's brain is never really their friend. 

She looks defeated, rubbing her tired eyes and grabbing her almost white hair and pulling it off the face. Her hands slide down to her necklace, the one I got her. The message only she and I know about buried inside, as she squeezes it she looks up at her kidnapper, her attacked and I see her face change.

"I know Spencer loves me, you don't know me, you don't know us, whether I was forced upon him or not, whether he learnt to love me or not, I know he loves me now and that's what matters."

This takes Finlay back, she never seems to cease to shock him with her attitude. 

"He can't love you that much if he has allowed you to be taken by me again." he spits. The 'again' is dipped in acid and I reel back like I've been slapped. 

"Like you keep pointing out: money can get you anything, you're just a little boy who's got a bottomless pocket, nothing to do with Spencer." Amity says this with such confidence that even I start to believe it. "Spencer loves me, Spencer is doing everything he can to get me back."

"Clearly not enough." he mutters.