DRINKING CHALLENGE

REIDS POV

Thanks to everyone who'd been reading, it means a lot to me.

This is slightly longer and contains fluff, and dancing. And lots of sexual tension.

I watched her face as her tongue pokes out in concentration, I can't help but smile. It's Friday now and she's been working on that piece for three days. She won't show me, she said once she's shown me this she'll show me some more of her work, but not until its finished.

"Is it nearly done?" I ask again.

"Yes, now hush." She says impatiently. She won't even tell me what its of.

I sigh and head for the refrigerator, pulling out a bottle of water for me and a Diet Coke for her. I handed it to her and looked over the case briefing. We were leaving next Wednesday and I was anxious to leave Amity. She assured me she'd be fine, that Garcia was staying here and she'd check in on her.

"Are you sure about tomorrow?" I ask her. She looks at me and raises one eyebrow.

"Yes, I am fine, it will be fun. And Penny said that she'd ignore the fact I'm under twenty-one and let me drink. I need a drink Spence."

"Fine, yes."

I smile at her calling Garcia 'Penny', they seemed to be talking on the phone a lot, and Amity also had a five minute conversation with Morgan. She'd been growing more confident and comfortable every day. I've slowly learnt that she was quite sarcastic, articulate and funny. She had a loud, honest laugh. She was speaking more and laughing more.

She was still screaming at night though, still only sleeping well in my arms. However, she'd gone out with me this afternoon, to a pharmacy so she could buy hair dye. She wanted to dye it bright pink, but I knew I couldn't be trusted to choose it for her. She had one arm linked through mine for a while; I felt her panic as a rush of people got off a bus bumped into her. I squeezed her arm and maneuvered her through to the back of the shop.

She chose bright fuchsia pink and then picked up a lipstick and paid with her card. I watched her frown as she punched in the number. When we were back in the car I asked her what was wrong.

"Is it wrong I'm buying hair dye with my dead parents money?"

"No, Amity, you can't think like that."

"I know, " she whispers, looking out the window, she doesn't speak again until we're inside the house.

"I need an old towel you don't mind being ruined and about an hour." She said, looking at me. I fetched an old towel and gave it to her. She thanked me and locked herself away in the bathroom.

She had emerged with pink hair.

I snapped back to now and watched her draw. She was beginning to wear the clothes that I'd seen her wear in pictures, with bright colours, not shapeless or plain. She told me that she'd been feeling more like herself lately. I grew to like her more every day.

"And… done!" she said, putting the pencil she was using back in the box and she stood up. She looked nervous as she hands over the pad. I take it and look back at a picture of myself. I'm astounded by it. It looks like a photograph. I touch it.

"Amity, this is amazing" I whisper.

"Thanks, you can flick through the pad if you want, I'm gonna start dinner."

She walks into the kitchen and stars pulling out stuff from the refrigerator. She already told me she was making fajitas. My stomach growled loudly at the thought. I turned to the first page of the half filled pad. I flicked through; looking at drawings of her parents, there was one of a plane window, the wing visible and a sea of pink clouds. I was in awe, each one was stunning.