FEELINGS KNOWN

I switch POV's in this one, I also am not aware of the American school system, so I have half used the English one and half made it up, ok.

Also, the 'C' word is said in this one.

Spencer Fluff/Lemon/Smut

REID'S POV

Its evening and we are sat on the living room, catalogues for couches fanned out over the floor. Amity is lying on her front, legs up, ankles crossed. She is flicking through what seems to be the hundredth book, every so often I see her dog ear a page before continuing her hunt. I try to concentrate on the pages but I had something playing on my mind.

I hadn't told her about the trial being put back, and I hadn't told her about the possibility of him walking free. I think mainly because I don't want to say the words.

"Amity," I say. She looks up at me, smiling.

"That was very serious, whats wrong?" she asks. I sit up and move over to her, she see's my face and frowns, getting up. "What is it?"

"The trial has been pushed back." I blurt out. Her gaze drops, staring at her hands. "There's something else." she looks up again. "Hotch told me about Finlay's new lawyer." she flinches when I say his name. "apparently he's really good, top five in the country."

"But, he was caught red handed, the evidence is water tight." she's repeating the words people had been telling her back to me.

"It hasn't stopped them winning cases before." I whisper. I watch the colour drain from her face.

"You mean he could walk free?" her voice is thick.

I want to lie and say everything's going to be fine. "Its a small possibility."

"But its still a possibility." She gets up and walks from the room, I try to follow her. "No, I'm just going to go and paint."

Amity's studio was her own space. I hadn't stepped foot in it since we had looked at the house. When I had suggested it I saw that it was the right thing to do. I knew it was what she wanted. So this is why I don't follow her upstairs, I pick up the catalogues, put them in a pile and head into the library. I sit at my new desk, something Amity had made for me. It was thick, white wood and on the top was book pages stuck to it, then topped with glass. I loved it. I spin from side to side in the white leather, tall backed desk chair. I survey what is our library.

Our home is really coming together. Our home. It hasn't even been a year and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with Amity. I've found myself thinking more and more about our future. I think about my conversation with JJ, about having children. I'd always been totally against the idea, the thought of having a child go through the fear of inheriting my mothers illness like I had always scared me too much. But with Amity I was at least willing to have the conversation, make a list of pros and cons or something.

I have also thought about us getting married, I picture kissing her as we're announced man and wife, our first dance. My mind even wanders to us, in this house, with a kid, I picture reading to my son or daughter. I remember her drawing with Henry and Jack, I try and picture what our kid will look like. Of course they will be beautiful, look at her.

Its just as I start to wonder if they'd have my eyes and her hair, or my nose and her lips, when I hear the pad of feet behind me. I turn to see Amity, walking sheepishly towards me. I see her search my face.

"Come," I say, patting my lap. She walks towards me and climbs up onto my lap. I hold her to me, her face buried into my neck. I run my fingers through her hair. "I wish I could make everything go away."