CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Reid Fluff

AMITY POV

"So tell me your Christmas traditions." He whispers, his fingers gliding up my back. I tremble beneath his hands.

"Stockings, at the end of the bed. But normal stockings aren't big enough, pillowcases and you fill it with cool stuff like plasticine and underwear, CD's, just junk. We open that when we wake up then real presents then breakfast then crap movies after we put dinner on to cook."

"That sounds absolutely blissful." He murmurs quietly. We're lying on the couch together, well, I'm lying on top of him. I can't imagine anything more blissful than this. Its two and a half weeks until Christmas and everyone's Christmas presents are wrapped and in my closet. It just so happens that I am an extremely talented gift giver. Spencer's main gift was a rare Cure vinyl I found online that I probably spent too much money on but I wouldn't tell him how much it costs. I know he'll love it.

I'd got the team presents, and presents for their families if I knew them. I also got Spencer mum this first edition of EE Cummings poems in a book thrift store for a bargain. Spencer had taken me and I'd managed to swipe it before he saw. Penny took me to this expert to check it out and the woman got excited. I hope she'll like it.

"I booked the hotel in Vegas, I kinda went all out." I moved my head to face him and raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I booked the Bellagio"

My mouth falls open and I don't know what to say.

"I know you're not technically allowed to do anything there, but I'm not really allowed to play because of my card counting abilities, however Garcia said they have the most beautiful rooms and views, you can paint. We'll have a day where we can be tourists."

I look him in the eye. I know Spencer; he's planned this meticulously. He always wants everything to be perfect. I reach up and place a kiss on his lips.

"Do you think your mum will like me?" I ask him. He narrows his eyes at me.

"She already adores you." My head resumes occupying the space on his chest.

"You really shouldn't have booked that hotel, its super expensive, isn't it?"

"Ammy, I live on my own, my only real expense is buying books. I earn good money and, lets be honest, I'm the type of guy that saves. Holidays are what you're meant to spend your money on. If I want to take my girlfriend away for a few days then no one can stop me, not even my girlfriend."

I laugh and he does too, his fingers resuming the circles on my back.

"I don't like you paying for things."

"I know," he says, almost begrudgingly. He wouldn't take any money for rent so I bought things for the house instead. Everyone had said that the place felt more home like since I'd been putting touches about. Luckily for Spencer I wasn't inherently girly.

He'd told me that he spent little time at home before I was there, even the work he was meant to do at home was done at his desk. He assured me he only allowed me to distract him at home.

I wriggle out of his arms and stand up.

"Can we go get a tree now?" I ask, looking down at him. He pouts and then closes his eyes. I take his hands in mine and attempt to pull him up. He complies but only until he gets into the sitting position. "Please Spence, the decorations have been delivered, all I need is a tree, you don't even have to do anything."

"I don't decorate for Christmas, Halloween maybe, not Christmas."

"But I do, come on. Please."

He sighs and then lets me pull him up the rest of the way.