PUPPY

idk kinda short but if you like any of the names or have suggestions let me know, I think I might have it down to two but I'm open to options. Not gonna start writing the next part until I've decided on a name.

=

"Amity, now I need you to stand in the hall and close your eyes and I need a pinky promise you wont open them until I say." Spencer calls through the partially opened door after he's been gone for 56 minutes. I roll my eyes but close them.

"Okay, they are closed." I call back. I hear a bit of shuffling and clicking of something against the floor. Then Spencer yells 'open'. I open my eyes and bundling towards me is a the tiniest Husky puppy I've ever seen. It has one blue eye and one brown eye. He has a mix of white and light brown and light grey fur. My eyes go wide as I drop to my knees as he comes to me. I stroke and rub behind its neck. "well hello cutie,"

"Do you like him?" I look up at Spencer who is beaming at me.

"Is he for us?" I ask. He nods and I feel my mouth fall open. "Oh my god, no way."

"Happy Birthday," he chuckle.

"Whats his name?"

"You get to choose, right now he's just 'Puppy'."

"Oh thats so much pressure, I have to think this through you shall be Puppy until I decide." I say as I look down at the little ball of fur.

"He was the runt of the litter, wouldn't have made it if the owner hadn't have handfed him, he was given to the pound not a week ago, I saw him and asked if I could reserve him for today, now he's yours." as Spencer tells me the backstory to this puppy I fall even more helplessly in love with him. The little thing rolls onto its back and I scratch his belly, his back leg kicks out as I rub harder. I giggle with delight. "I'll just go get his stuff from the car."

Spencer leaves us and I lead Puppy through to the living room where we sit on the floor and play for an hour. Spencer finally breaks us up to tell me Penny is on he way.

"Does she know, has she seen him?" I ask as I stand up and follow Puppy as he goes for an exploration of his new home.

"She knows I'm getting you a puppy, she has not seen him." he answers as he follows me. I stop quickly and throw my arms around him, giving him a long hard kiss on the mouth.

"Thank you, honestly, thank you." I whisper before going to follow Puppy again. I wonder if he knows how much this means to me, how much I hate to be alone when he's away. Having something like this to distract me was perfect, as well as the fact I loved animals. I giggle as Puppy runs into one of the desk legs. "He's so derpy, I love him."

I continue to follow Puppy around until I hear Penny come through the door. I scoop him up in my arms and walk to meet her. When she see's e craddling him she drops the bags of stuff she's carrying and stares at me.

"Oh sweet baby jesus, look at him." she finally gasps, rushing towards me and taking him. I watch her scratch behind his ears. "Whats his name?"

"That is still pending, I have a few ideas." I tell her as I reach over and rub under his chin. I smile as he closes his eyes, loving the attention.

"Oh Reid, he is so perfect, well done." Penny says as she places him on the floor. I watch him run and jump onto his bed that we'd put in the living room. My heart melts. Penny ushers me through to the kitchen after picking up her bags.

"I come baring gifts." she says, putting the bags on the table.

I receive two skirts, a charm bracelet that has itty bitty paint pots and paintbrushes, a new pair of slippers and a photoframe with a picture of me and her.