HEATING UP

REID'S POV

Not going to even apologise for the fluff, kisses, whatever. Distance sucks and I need cutesy stuff.

Warning: rated M for a reason, some Reid Smut/ Reid Slash/ Reid Lemons

Six Weeks Later

"Reid?" I snap out of my daydream and look at Morgan. I was on the plane on my way back home from another case. It had been a bad one; three children had died whilst we were on the case. The times we couldn't save people hit me hard, harder than I could articulate.

"Are you ok?" he asks.

I nod and he frowns. I still hadn't told him about Amity and I. Why hadn't I? I had told JJ and Garcia. Since the night I got called on another case after just hours of returning home we'd only kissed again once. I wanted to kiss her more but I don't have the confidence I had come home with that night. Work was tough, there was a slight relief when it was revealed that because of the evidence all men were pleading guilty, Amity wouldn't have to be involved with the trial.

"We should be back around Five PM, the storms pretty bad though, blackouts in your neighborhood Reid" JJ said, leaning over and squeezing my shoulder. I frown and lean back, closing my eyes. I feel drained.

I manage to sleep a little on the flight, taking an hour to sit in a coffee shop and wake up enough to drive home in the worst storm in years. I feel a flutter of anticipation as I head home. It's been four days since I'd seen her, four days since I slept well.

It was just gone seven when I got inside, when I got in the place was pretty dark and there were candles everywhere. She was stood emptying chips into a bowl. She wore a red floral high waisted skirt with a zip that goes all the way up the back and a plain red blouse tucked into it. I take a moment to watch her before clearing my throat.

She turns around quickly, seeing its me she runs and throws her arms around me. I wrap my arms around her waist, holding her as I press my face into her hair. She smells like sherbet. We pull back and stand awkwardly.

"I'm glad you're back, the powers out, but I've put candles everywhere," She says, walking back over to food. "I've got most of the candles in your rom, you should go and change and hang out in there, I'll blow the candles out in here, else of a fire hazard. The water is still on."

I just nod in reply and go and grab a shower, I then slip into black sweats and a black t-shirt before lighting the candles she had laid out in my room, I lie down and switch my brain off.

"Here you go," Amity makes me zone back. She places a bowl of chips and a few bags of munchies. I'm starving. I devour it.

"Where does all that food go?" she laughs as I finish.

"Hollow legs," I tell her as she picks up my empty dish and puts it on the side. She returns and drops next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. I rest my head on the back of the pillow and close my eyes, only planning to close them for a minute or so.

I wake up lying flat on the bed, there's a weight on me. I open one eye and I feel my heart race as I see Amity is lying on top of me. She's sound asleep. I reach up a hand and cup her face, running my fingers over her soft skin. I brush her hair back, its now dyed fire engine red.

I sigh, I can't help it. These last few weeks had confirmed my suspicions, I had feelings for her. She was beautiful and smart and funny. She made me feel things I'd read about in books hundreds of times, but they never quite did justice to what I was feeling.

Every spare thought I had she occupied. The thought of her relaxed me, knowing I was coming home to her eased the stress of work. I wrapped my arms around her waist and squeezed gently. She nuzzled into my chest.