Part 1 -meeting nat-

⚠️Possible trigger warning- struggles with eating⚠️

Story request: @SpicyFanFic07 

Today was my first day as a real part of the team. I moved in to the compound and met the rest of the team. All except for one, I heard about an ex assassin turned shield agent called black widow or Natasha Romanoff. 'Nat is in her room you probably won't see her for a while.' Tony replied to my wandering eyes. 'Um where is my uh.' I muttered nervously. 'Don't be nervous it's okay. Peter will show you around. HEY KID! Sorry... your not bothered by loud noises are you?' 'No it's fine.' Peter walked in 'hey mr stark what's up?' 'The sky now can you show y/n to their room please.' 'Oh yeah sure, can I take that.' He said pointing to my bag. 'Yeah thanks Peter' he gave me a quick smile and grabbed it then showed me around. 'This is your room.' he said placing my suitcase on my bed. It was a pretty basic room but Stark said I could decorate however I liked. It was right at the end of the corridor.

'That is my room.' He pointed to the room across from me. 'And that' he paused pointing to the door next to mine. 'Is Nat's. She hasn't been out in two days... no one knows why. She gets in these moods where she doesn't talk or leave for days she even skips meals it gets really scary.' He carries on talking but I zone out wondering about Nat. 'I don't think she'll answer but.' He gave two small knocks on the door. 'What do you want Peter?' I don't know how she knew it was him. Did they have a special knock? Did she hear us talking? I mean she is a spy not much gets past her. 'Hey Nat! Um the new recruit is here.'  'Oh okay I'll be out a bit later.' 

*time skip*

I was sat in the living room with the others when I heard footsteps creeping towards the kitchen. I heard Tony say 'hey Nat! You okay? You wanna join us?' I looked up to see a small figure wrapped in a large light blue hoodie covering their face but a red strand of hair peeked out. It really was the Natasha Romanoff... she kept her head down and walked straight to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. 'I'm fine thanks Tony. Hey y/n.. night guys.' She rushed to speak then left as quick as she came. Everyone looked pained and defeated to see Nat like that. After a few seconds I heard a small bang down the corridor so I excused myself. 'Hey guys i think I'm gonna turn in it's been a long day.' I was a bit tired from travelling but I mostly wanted to check on Nat seeing as no one else heard the sound. 

I crept down the corridor towards nats room and heard slight sobs. The door was half open I saw a ball curled up in nats bed. 

Nat POV 

I hate being a little it's so stupid. Why do I have to be so weak I couldn't even open a stupid bottle. The Natasha Romanoff, the black widow was defeated by a piece of plastic. Anger built up inside of me how could I be so pathetic. I threw the bottle across the room in frustration it hit the wall then bounced on the floor. I felt the tears running down so I curled up in a ball hugging myself trying to fall asleep so this nightmare could be over. That's when I heard a small voice i didn't recognise. 'Hey Nat you okay? I heard banging.' 'I'm fine.' 'You don't look fine.' I lifted my head and saw the new recruit smiling at me but eyes full of concern how could I be so stupid..i left the door open. 'I said I'm fine just go away.' I felt bad about being mean but I didn't want someone to see me this weak. 

Y/n POV 

I looked around the room to see what could of made the noise to see if it was a clue to why she's upset. I saw the bottle laying on the floor with a dent in the side. I unscrewed the lid then put it on gently so it was loose but not to the point it would spill then left the bottle on the bedside table. I went to walk out the door but heard a small broken whisper. 'Th-hanks.' I turned to see Nat looking down arms folded around herself. 'No problem, you know bottle lids are stupid. They always make them to hard to open. It's like they want us to struggle. It's okay your still my favourite avenger.' Nat looked up and gave me a smile wiping a tear. 'Really?' 'Yeah but don't tell Tony that I need this job, getting thrown out the window wouldn't be a great way to end my first day... or last.' Nat gave a little giggle. 'Speaking of tony, he bought pizza do you want me to bring you some?' Nat shifted nervously. 'You don't have to eat a lot as long as you try.'I reassured  'Will you stay?' She asked playing with her fingers. 'I will stay with you as long as you need.' 'Um okay can I have cheese?' 'Of course... I'll be back in a second okay?' She nodded     

I walked out to the others. 'Hey kid you okay? I thought you were going to bed? Tony questioned. 'Yeah but Nat just wanted some pizza.' They looked at each other in shock. 'Nat.. told you she wanted pizza?' Wanda tilted her head 'that's not like her.' 'You know what If she wants pizza I'm not even gonna question it theres a plate on the side.' Tony blurted out, I washed my hands and put two slices of cheese pizza on the plate. 'Can she eat it in her room?' 'She can eat wherever she wants as long as she eats something... thanks kid.' Tony said confused but also smiling at me. When I left they all looked at each other in disbelief and confusion. 'That kid has to be a witch.' Clint remarked 'not even i can get Nat to eat on a good day half the time.' 

I watched as Nat ate the slice of pizza. 'I'm so proud of you.' 'You are? But I not even eat a lot.' 'Hey you ate as much as you could I thought you was only gonna eat like two bites but you ate a whole slice im so proud of you.' Nat gave a smile and clap. 'I ate it! Thank you!' Nat darted forward and wrapped her arms around me I hugged her back after a few seconds she pulled away. 'I sorry I-' 'it's okay you were excited as you should be.. you did a great job and anytime you need a hug you can hug me, there's no need to feel bad if it makes you happy. Nat gave out a little yawn. 'You okay now... you ready to sleep? That's when I saw nats whole face. She had dark circles under her eyes and tears covered her cheeks and stained her eyes red. She seemed scared. 'What's wrong?' 'Sleep is scary..the nightmares... I c-can't.' She stutters and panics 'Hey shh it's okay nothing will hurt you. You're safe. I'm here. I won't let anything hurt you. What can I do to make you feel better?' 'Can you hold me till I sleep?' I lay down next to her and open my arms. She nestled in close. 'It's okay... You're safe with me.'