Part 47

Hi :)

hope you enjoy!

Wanda was awoken the next morning by a loud blaring siren, “Jarvis?” She asked knowing he was probably the cause. “Intruder?” She frowned looking at the screen. “They seem to be heading to Miss Romanov’s floor.” Jarvis warned, Her heart sank, she had to find Nat.

She made it to her floor only to be stopped by the other Avengers. “We need you here Wanda.” Steve frowned, pulling her back. “Nat’s in there, what if they’re after her?”

“We need to assess the threat level first, Nat can handle herself,” Steve reassured her, Wanda sighed.

As it turns out, she couldn’t.

Well not against sirens at least, the first one made Nat flinch. She didn't like how loud it was, it really scared her, her hands instantly finding their ways to her ears in an attempt to silence the noise.

She wanted her caregivers, they seemed to be some of the only people who made her feel safe, but she wanted to see if she could deal with her fear on her own, considering how Wanda wasn't going to be there all the time. The last few days were evidence that anything could happen, your whole life could fall apart in a number of seconds.

When the second one sounded, Nat flinched even more than what she did before with the first. This time she slid down the counters in the kitchen silently begging for Tony to turn the alarms off. Ok, maybe she wasn’t as brave as people thought,but the sirens were way too loud for her to cope with.

She wanted to find Wanda before the third one wave sounded, she frantically called out for Jarvis and Wanda. The AI promptly informed her of where Wanda was and the little sprang up.

She ran to the elevator and pressed the floor button, when the doors opened she saw a suited up Steve standing next to her mommy- next to Wanda. Thor positioned himself behind them, absentmindedly throwing Mjolnir in the air and catching it again.

The two avengers in front sighed with relief when they saw it was her, Steve lowered his shield and Wanda opened her arms.

Nat stopped in front of Wanda, even though she was big she wanted Wanda to pick her up and hold her. It would help make her feel much better. She always felt the safest when she was in her caregivers’ arms.

She going to ask Wanda if she could but she settled for a hug, too afraid Wanda would say no. She pulled away with a small smile, even the hug working to cure her anxiety when suddenly, the third one came.

Nat threw her arms around wanda’s neck, Wanda took the hint and lifted her up, Natasha’s legs wrapping around her so the two were as close as possible, the russian nuzzled her head in to the witches neck and her hand gripped the back of her shirt in a firm hold.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked, she knew something was wrong because big Nat wouldn't never want to be held in front of people without a good reason. Had Nat found the intruder? Or worse, had they found her?

Wanda’s panicked thoughts were cut off by Nat’s whimpers in her ear.  "Wanda i-i don't like it. It’s scary." Nat whimpered in her ear again before another alarm sounded. "no i- Wanda, i don't like it. Make it stop." Her terror was rising along with a few tears. The sirens were getting shorter but more frequent, indicating that the danger was getting closer.

"Ok, ok..Shh...you're ok." Wanda said softly as she started to rub her back, "I got you, it's ok."

Another piercing sound filled her ears, "no Wanda, please make it stop. i don' like it." She sobbed. "It's ok baby, you're safe...I'm right here detka. Nothing can hurt you, I’m here."