Part 25

'Daddy?' Bucky whined sitting up, he was in an unfamiliar place and his dad was no where to be found. 'Daddy.' He said slightly louder waking up the Russian. 'Bubby he downstairs I go get hims for you.' Bucky shook his head. 'Don't leave me.' Nat nodded, staying where she was. Nat grabbed her phone from the dresser. 'Y/n bubby wan' his daddy.' She waited for you to respond before hanging up noticing Bucky getting more scared.

'I wan' daddy.' Bucky whimpered tears rolling down his cheeks. Nat looked around the room and saw Ted and Bucky bear on the desk in the corner. Y/n must have fixed him she thought so went to grab them for Bucky. 'Here bubby.' She gave him the two bears and threw a blanket round him.

'Natty are we in the bad place?' Bucky asked not wanting to lift his head. That made her panic, maybe that's why y/n wasn't coming. Maybe they were in a bad place, Nat's worrying did nothing to help Bucky. 'Daddy!' Bucky cried out. 'He be here soon bubby he loves you.' Nat wondered the same about y/n she knew they weren't her mommy or daddy, but they still loved her right?

'Y/n come too, they your mama dada.' Nat smiled she liked that idea but maybe something more simple and cute. Mama da? Dama? Mada? Mada!

'Y/n a mada.' Nat smiled proudly, Bucky did the same. He was happy his friend had what he had. Someone that loved her, sure y/n loved Nat with out the name as did Nat with y/n, but there was something special about having a name for someone only you call them. That makes them yours.

Nat heard footsteps near the door and it brought her back to the red room. Were they going to come in? Was she in trouble for something? Those thoughts sent her into a panic, her thumb found its way to her mouth as she let tears fall.

But Bucky wasn't scared, something about those footsteps felt familiar. 'Daddy?' He said softly. Did he somehow learn his daddy's footsteps? Nat's cries pulled him out of those thoughts.

'Natty is otay.' Bucky spotted her pacifier on the dresser so he got off the bed and grabbed it. 'Natty wan'?' Nat slowly crawled forward grabbing the object placing it in her mouth.

'Hey kids it's okay we're going to get you out.' That didn't sound like his daddy. 'Stevie?' He mumbled around his pacifier. 'Yeah Buck I'm here okay, but I need you to take Natasha far away from the door.' Bucky sat at the top of the bed and grabbed Nat's hand pulling her up closer to the headboard. 'Is okay Natty.'

'Okay, kids cover your ears I'm going to have to break the door.' Both littles placed their hands over their ears. The vibrations rung in their ears bringing them both back to past memories they never wanted to see again. The door crashed against the floor and Steve stepped into the room dropping his sheild. 'Stevie!' Bucky was the first to run and hug his best friend. Nat stayed on the bed unable to move, Steve knew she was probably younger again, he wasn't surprised after a day like this.

'Hey Natasha, can I pick you up?' Nat nodded reaching for Steve. 'Okay sweetheart, y/n is downstairs we can see them soon. But for now we just have to play quietly and wait. And your daddy's okay too they just have a problem with the locks.' Nat tilted her head they never had a problem like that before, Jarvis always unlocked them when he was supposed too unless there was a lockdown. And that only happened if there was a bad guy inside. The look on Nat's face told Steve she knew what happened.

'Natasha there is no bad guy okay, someone was labelled in the system as a bad guy but they are not. The system got confused thinking they are bad and shut the building down but there's no bad guy okay? We're safe.' Steve smiled sadly at Bucky who was playing with building blocks. Nat nodded. 'mada.' Steve frowned not knowing what she meant. Bucky tapped him and whispered. 'She wants y/n.' Steve nodded, 'oh, I know it's okay Natasha.'

'Hey guys we're all sorted now, y/n and Mike are making their way up.' Tony spoke through Jarvis. 'Shall we go meet them at the elevator?' Bucky nodded so Steve carried Nat whilst Bucky held his hand.

'Hey baby girl!' Nat pulled her head out to see y/n step out of the elevator taking her in their arms. 'Are you okay baby?' Nat nodded burying her head into y/n's neck and sighing. 'Natty baby 'gain she got scared.' Bucky explained the littles behaviour. 'You're safe baby I've got you.'

'Stevie tan I has carry?' Bucky asked his best friend shyly. To Bucky's joy he nodded Bucky got behind him so Steve lifted him onto his back. 'You comfy up there?' Bucky giggled nodding. 

'who wants to go watch a movie?' y/n asked making the littles smile. You went back into the elevator to the living room. 'what do we want to watch?' Bucky wanted to watch paw patrol but Nat wanted Peppa pig. They both started to get frustrated, Bucky was trying to share with Nat, by asking if she wanted to watch her show first or after his but he couldn't understand her babbles and that made her frustrated. 

'Natty why don't we let Bucky go first whilst I go make you a drink then you can cuddle and have milk when you watch peppa.' Nat nodded. 'Is that okay with you Bucky?' Bucky nodded he was happy his friend was happy. 'Good boy for sharing. and you babygirl are very nice for letting Bucky go first.' I kissed Nat's cheek and ruffled Bucky's hair.

'Hello y/n.' I heard a voice behind me. 'loki I am not in the mood.' I turned to see my old best friend smiling at me. 'I am not here for trouble. I wanted to apologise to you and the girl.' My face instantly dropped. 'you stay away from her.' I said firmly pointing my finger to the God's chest. 'I really am sorry.' with that loki disappeared, well at least that was what I thought. 

'loki get away from the kids.' I said loudly watching as he slowly backed away before standing again. 'Are you guys okay? Steve you were supposed to be watching them.' I picked Nat up holding her tightly. 'They are fine y/n.' Steve said gently pausing the tv. 'He could've hurt them!' I spat making loki look at the floor in shame. 

'loki not a he.' Bucky said gently making me look at him. 'loki is a they.' Bucky smiled at loki who gave the boy a proud look. I looked at them. 'Surprise.' loki said with tears in their eyes, clearly afraid. I placed Natasha on the floor slowly walking to them.

'I'm sorry, the topic came up. I accidentally told them I was genderfluid. So I explained the pronoun gender thing a little.  It wasn't my place and I apologise.' I pulled them into a hug. 'I'm proud of you.' I felt them gasp before sighing and returning the hug. 'Do you still go by loki?' I felt a nod against my shoulder. 'Can i still call you loki bear?' Loki laughed. 'absolutely not.'

'logi bear!' Nat giggled. 'Hey Natasha.' they smiled. 'woah she can give you that nickname and I can't.' loki nodded. 'she's cute and annoying, you're just annoying.' Nat waddled over to loki hugging them. 'are you a she?' they asked softly. Nat looked at me with a questioning look. 'You can be anything you want baby.' Nat looked back at loki and nodded. 

Nat then waddled to Bucky and Steve. 'Bubby, stee what's you?' Bucky proudly answered. 'he but maybe them too.' He then looked at his best friend making extra special sure he payed attention, he already made sure to remember loki was a they today but that sometimes that changed, Natasha was a she and y/n was a they. 'um I guess he/him.' Bucky nodded going to get a piece of paper.

'What are you doing buddy?' I asked passing him a crayon. 'Are you writing down peoples pronouns?' he nodded I smiled at how cute it was. 'Buddy I have a cool idea, we should do it on a whiteboard so people can change it if they feel like being something different.' The two young ones found that idea pretty interesting.

Lets just say everyone got a visit from Bucky and Nat that afternoon and soon the board was full. Nat and Bucky even put it on the fridge.

Idk how good this chapter is bc there's not a lot in it and I don't really have many plans for this story so if you have any suggestions let me know.)

Also if i messed up the pronouns please do let me know so I can change it.