Part 35

I wrote this in and out of yk and it's so bad I apologise.  

I also apologise for the messages and thanks for being nice about it. Idk I just feel awkward now lol. 

Anyways I said it wouldn't happen again but here's another long chapter.

It's actually longer than last time. (7k words)

At around four am the next morning I noticed the bed was a lot emptier than before so I threw on a hoodie and some sweatpants went to find Wanda and my baby girl. I first checked the kitchen, wondering if they woke up and got hungry but there was no one there. I checked Natasha's room yet there was still no luck. As a last thought I decided to go to Wanda's room and check there.

I was met by the open door and soft cries coming from inside, that I figured was Nat. The room was completely black I could barely make out the figure of my girlfriend rocking the girl.

I walked into the room, as quiet as possible, listening to Wanda's gentle shushes over the Russian's sobs and whimpers. Wanda's back was facing the door, so she hadn't noticed me behind her yet, she was just focused on calming down the distraught little in her arms.

I placed a kiss on Wanda's cheek and shoulder before raising my hand to run my fingers through my baby girl's hair. Wanda was startled at first but she soon relaxed when I whispered. "Hey love." I stepped forward slightly so that Wanda's back was pressed against my chest and she gently smiled. "Did you have a nightmare baby?" Nat gave a small nod, still shaking from crying so hard.

"I didn't want to wake you so I brought her in here, can you turn the lights on? I think she's okay having them on now." I turned the lights on, adjusting them so they weren't too bright before joining the hug again.

"Baby you should try going back to sleep, it's still too early." I whispered to Natasha. "Baba ilk?" She asked, rubbing her eye. "No sweetheart you've had enough milk, you can have some water or juice in a baba but no more milk." I heard Nat whine against the sokovian. "But I wan baba. S'eepies wiv baba"

"Baby you have to go to sleep without baba today, you can have a baba later." Nat clearly didn't appreciate that and she made sure that was known.

"What else can we do instead of a baba to help you sleep? Do you want cuddles or a story or a song?" Wanda asked quietly trying desperately to please Natasha, she wanted to get everything right and she hated the girl being upset.

"Wands sing me song?" Natasha asked, making the sokovian nod. Soon enough the sokovian began singing the Russian's favourite lullaby. (The one she sang to the twins in wandavision.)

I joined in quietly humming the melody, as the two of us stood there together, Natasha fought to keep her eyes open. She reached the point of exhaustion that she gave up the last bit of stubbornness and laid her head in the sokovian's neck as we all held onto each other. Not one of us dared to move even an inch through fear of disturbing the wholesome moment that they all were hoping would never end.

Unfortunately Wanda heard a thought from y/n appear in the back of her mind so she moved to put Nat down in her bed, and backed away to the door of her bedroom whilst y/n stepped forward to tuck Nat in and kiss her goodnight once more.

Wanda stood there awkwardly debating on whether or not she should leave and bring it up later or stay, however a moment later y/n turned around and smiled softly, breaking her thoughts.

"Hey, thank you for looking after her, it was really- thanks" y/n trailed off, not knowing how to approach the upcoming subject they knew they had to discuss.