Part 21

TW: knives, injuries, fighting

The parts in bold italic (like this) are flashbacks

Nat POV
'Hey Nat I made you some breakfast.' Y/n shouted to me they must have heard my footsteps. 'You didn't have to do that.' I smiled taking a seat at the table. 'Well i wanted to so here.' They placed the plate in front of me. Nutella toast with strawberries and bananas. Why was that familiar? I stared at it for a while before my mind went somewhere else.

'Hey Nat what do you want breakfast?' A familiar face smiled at me. 'Tella toast!' Why was i talking like... a little? Y/n picked me up and sat me at the table placing the toast in front of me. I pulled something out of my mouth before eating the toast. A pacifier? What is happening? I dropped the glass in shock and it broke to pieces, 'Nat!' Y/n shouted picking me up and pulling me away. 'Nat it's okay it was an accident. You're okay.' I shook my head, I wasn't okay I was confused and I felt sick to my stomach. 'What's wrong?' I didn't know what was wrong I couldn't help but stare at the broken glass. Not again.

'Hey Nat here's your juice.' Y/n said placing the glass on my nightstand. But when I went to drink it i dropped it, spilling it all over me and the sheets before rolling off the bed and smashing on my rug, the door swung open and y/n shouted 'Nat STAY THERE!'

'Nat?' I turned to look at y/n with tears in my eyes. 'Nat breathe.' The room was spinning as more thoughts flashed through my mind. 'Stop it!' I screamed covering my ears squeezing my eyes shut. 'Nat breathe.' Y/n's voice pulled me back to normal for a second, but it wasn't enough. 'This is your fault! You made me little!' I screamed. 'You remember?' Y/n's voice echoed in my ear. 'Now they're gonna take me away and it's all your fault!' I went into a blind rage and swept my leg under y/n till they fell on the floor. 'Nat no ones going to take you i promise.' Before I knew it my knees were on their chest and my hand was on their throat. 'Natasha stop it please.' Y/n pleaded. 'This isn't you. Come on baby come back.' My heart sank for a second but I shoved the feeling to the back of my mind just like the leaders taught me. 'I'm not your fucking baby.' I snarled pulling the blade from the holder strapped to my leg and pressed it against y/n's neck. 'Does everyone know about me?' They didn't respond so I pressed the knife closer. 'Answer me!' As they turned away I saw the gash I had made on their neck it made me pull back, fighting with myself. Part of me wanted this the other didn't, I didn't want to hurt them but I have to it's what I was made for. Y/n took my moment of weakness to disarm me and throw the blade across the room. 'Baby girl please.' I squeezed my eyes shut so I couldn't see them cry and slammed my fist down, I landed a few punches until I heard someone running I slowed down but didn't stop.

'Nat! Get off!' Steve grabbed me from behind and pulled me back pinning my arms around my waist. 'Let go. get off! Steve get off me!' Tony came towards me with a needle. 'NO! PLEASE NO STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!' Y/n tried to stop him but couldn't get up. 'Tony don't you dare!' Y/n shouted. 'It's okay Natasha just go to sleep.' Tony whispered. 'No please no Tony get off! Stop! Y/n help!'

Y/n POV
I flinched away as he pressed the needle into her neck, her sobs disappeared and she went limp. 'What the hell Tony?! You know what Nat went through with that! Do you have any idea how much damage you just caused?!' Y/n shouted Tony scoffed. 'Do you know how much she caused?! Look at you!' He had a point my leg was visibly broken I was covered in bruises and had a gash on my neck where she held a knife to my throat and blood was trickling down my nose but I didn't care. I just wanted Nat.

'Give me her now!' Tony backed away and Steve knelt down slowly holding Natasha in his arms. 'Y/n you cant she's going to be too heavy on your leg.' He sat next to me so I could hold her hand. 'Steve, i need to hold her. I don't care what you say. I need to.' I choked out a sob he sighed before placing her in my arms. 'I'm sorry baby.' I kissed her forehead. 'I'm so so sorry.' I broke down. 'Get him out before I kill him.' I saw Tony and Steve's shadows back away before Steve returned again. 'You gonna kill me too?' Steve joked he knew I wouldn't Steve was like a big brother to me he even helped me get onto the team. 'No but once Nat's out of my arms I'm going to severely injure you.' I heard him chuckle. 'Fair enough.' He left for a moment before kneeling beside me. 'Ah fuck that's cold what the hell are you doing?' I jolted away from him. 'Language! It's just a washcloth now calm down you big baby.' He laughed pressing it on my neck. 'It needs to be cold to slow down the blood flow.'

'Oh yeah I forgot cold water is your area of expertise.' This time I laughed but then winced at the pain. 'You're gonna have to let her go at some point. Let me take her you can have her back after you've got bruce to check you over.' I shook my head I needed to protect her. 'I have to be there when she wakes up. I have to. I- I.' Steve looked at me encouraging me to carry on but I couldn't I was going to cry. 'Y/n you can talk to me, talking about it will help you.' He placed his hand on my shoulder. 'I wasn't there for her when she was in hospital and I should have been and- I don't want to lose her again.' I sobbed Steve sat beside me rubbing my back. 'Jarvis can you get Wanda please.'

I heard Wandas foot steps echoing across the floor. 'Y/n! You're bleeding what happened?' Steve coughed to let Wanda know to shut up. 'Wanda can you take Nat over to the couches I need to get y/n to Bruce.' I pulled Nat closer to my chest. 'They're gonna hurt her. She didn't mean it, please don't take her away from me.' I said frantically as I let the tears roll down my face. 'We're not going to hurt her. It's okay you can see her when you are better.' I closed my eyes to stop the tears and felt the weight in my arms slowly release so I assumed Wanda had taken her. 'Shh it's okay, she's safe. Come on.' He picked me up and carried me to the elevator.