Part 38

Hey another update :)

I apologise theres another time skip but I can't think of anything else to write.

Wanda POV
It was coming to the end of what had felt like the longest week of my life, paper work on top of paper work had kept me busy all throughout the day. And to make matters even worse, once my day did eventually finish, I had to go to bed alone because Y/n was currently on a mission with Natasha.

Me and Y/n had still been dating, secretly, for the past couple of months. To everyone else in the compound we just looked like best friends, but we meant the world to each other. Of course there were times when I wished that we didn't have to love each other in private, but I knew that this is what we all were more comfortable with, and as long as I had y/n and Natasha I couldn't have cared less about anything else.

Now it was Friday evening and I had finally finished all of my work for the week so I could have a free weekend for once. With y/n and Natasha still on their mission, I decided to join the rest of the team in the main living area. I entered the room, most of the team turned to greet me with smiles and nods before returning back to whatever show they were currently watching. Making my way over to one of the comfier sofas, I flopped down onto it, laying my head down on the soft fluffy pillow and pulling the fluffy black blanket over me.

Usually on a night y/n would be laying next to me with Natasha on their chest, as we watched a movie. And while this was not nearly the same, the blanket did provide some comfort, helping me avoid all my nervous thoughts about how Nat was actually doing. I knew that of course she would be fine, she always was, but I couldn't stop worrying about her the whole time she was away.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, because the next thing I felt was someone pulling the blanket off of me, causing me to groan in disapproval, yet my eyes remained closed.

"Can I sit here, please." Upon hearing Nat's voice I immediately agreed, opening my arms for her to crawl into, completely disregarding the fact that we were in the main area and everyone else on the team could see us.

I was expecting her to complain so I moved over so there was space next to me. However, that wasn't the case, she just laid down on top of me, I wrapped my arms around her, she smiled burying her face in the crook of my neck.

I smiled back, slightly surprised that she was being so open around the rest of the team. "Thanks Wands" She said, barely louder than a whisper.

I knew she was trying to be discreet about her feelings, but I could hear the slight break in her voice, and the way she clung to me told me how tired and she must have been.

I soon regretted complaining about my week, if Natasha was this visibly upset whilst big it must have been a hard week. My baby had clearly been through a lot and yet I was complaining about having to fill out some forms. Her shaky breaths against my neck were enough to make my heart ache, yet all I could do was hold her tight.

I clearly wasn't the only one taken aback by the situation, I turned to see the rest of the team staring from across the room. To be honest I didn't blame their surprise, Natasha was never an openly affectionate person, especially when she was big. And judging by the pausing of all conversations no one new how to react to this new situation.

That was until the dumbass Tony Stark decided to open his mouth.

"I think Natasha is broken. First she's all loving with y/n now she's doing the same with Wanda." Tony joked finishing off his sixth? drink.

"Stark..." Steve trailed off, trying to give him a warning before he interrupted.

"Seriously, she is getting way too soft" He joked again. This time Nat pulled away from me, and walked over to him.

"Oh there she is, there's the Romanoff that we know" He chuckled once more, it is almost as if he never knows when to shut up, and I was now preparing myself for what was about to go down, both physically and mentally.

Nat stood in front of Tony with tears in her eyes, a sight that broke even his drunken heart. "You're an idiot when you drink and I don't like it." Natasha spoke flatly, throwing his glass against the wall. "I used to love you Tony but now?" Nat shrugged. "I don't even know who you are half the time." Tony swallowed harshly trying to stop himself from crying. "You may be able to make jokes and drink through the bad days and not give a shit about anyone but I can't do that."

I grabbed Natasha's wrist and tried to pull her back. ''Natasha baby, stop." I cursed myself for the slip up but Natasha didn't seem to react. "It's okay Nat." I whispered as I tried to calm her down

"I jus wan hugs mommy. Why he be mean?" Nat sobbed with her head down.

Shock fell among the rest of the avengers once again, following Natasha's outburst. Even I wasn't sure how to react, I couldn't decide whether to be happy she called me mommy or focus on my anger at the fact that Tony is a moron.

"Come here babygirl." I opened my arms and Natasha slowly walked into them. "It's alright mommy's got you." I whispered, lifting her onto my hip.

"You just had to say something to ruin it, didn't you Stark?" Y/n rhetorically asked, as we made our way out of the room, Natasha still on my hip.

"I didn't think - " He began

"No that's right you didn't think, she has feelings too" I interrupted, anger clouding my mind, I never really used my powers inside the compound but now found my hands glowing red.

"Mommy pwease dont." Nat mumbled against my neck. "Hey shh, it's alright, mommy isn't going to do anything. Let's go watch a movie in my room."

I carried her over to my bed and pulled back the covers. "Here you go baby." I laid her down and tucked her into bed.

"Mommy." She whined. I slid in next to her, gently pulling her into my arms. "I s'eepy" Her voice cracked as she explained her mission "I no s'eep there, I no wike it." The tears were falling freely then. My heart ached for her, she was clearly in so much pain, and all I could do was hold her close and comfort her.

"I misses you" She mumbled between sobs "I feel safe wiv you" Nat struggled to get the words out past her tears and cries. "Hey, you don't need to talk detka it's okay . I've got you. You're safe now" I whispered, rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her down. "I promise, I've got you. You're safe and I love you"

She had a tight grip on the back of my shirt, as if she was scared to let go even for a second. Her breathing was still shaky and I could feel my shirt getting more and more damp from the tears.

After a few minutes of whispering comfort to her, she pulled away glancing up at me with teary eyes. I wiped away the remainder of her tears with my thumbs, before pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Are you feeling better now baby?" I asked softly, she just nodded in response, cuddling up to me closer.

"Hey, babygirl, it's me, can I come in?" Nat gave a small nod so I called for y/n to come in.

"Hey bub, I'm sorry Tony was way out of line. Can I join the cuddles?" Nat gave a hum of agreement so I got into bed next to them. "I'm so sorry baby, it's not being a very nice week huh?" Nat shook her head. "You don't have to worry about any of that now okay? Why don't you get some rest?"

I noticed Nat fighting to keep her eyes open. "Do you want a baba before night night?" Nat shook her head.

"Jus wan yous."

Is this happy enough for you?