Part 61

Hi :)

Natasha POV

I pushed past everyone I saw on my way out, I knew exactly where I was going to the person who always made me feel better.

"Nat?" He seemed surprised to see me, I just nodded and he let me inside. "I've heard things about you recently. Are they true?" He shrugged. "I'm just doing my job." I didn't want to believe it but now I had to, and I felt sick to my stomach. "That's not how we do our jobs Clint and you know it. Your making things personal and it's not."

"My family is gone. Everything is personal. They hurt people tasha all I'm doing is stopping them. I get information, track them down and get rid of them how is that not my job?"

"You could've at least let me help you. Killing people isn't just a few minute job, it sticks with you. You can't handle this on your own. What are you going to do when your family gets back? How are you gonna look your kids in the face and tell them what you did while they were gone. You can't just turn it off Clint, you don't kill a load of people then wake up and make pancakes for the rest of your life. You should know that."

"I know that. But I'm not getting them back, I couldn't protect them but I can protect people who are being targeted by those criminals." Nat shook her head. "It's not you Clint. And we are going to get your family back, we are working on a plan. It's gonna work."

"Don't... Don't give me hope."

"I'm sorry I couldn't give it to you years ago, but we are really close. So I need you to stop, your putting a target on your back and if they find you before we can fix this... You won't get to see your family."

"Clint?! Have you seen my bow? I thought I left it- OH hi sorry. I'm kate." Nat nodded with a smile. "Hi I'm Nat. You didn't tell me you had a friend over. Or that you had friends" She asked frowning at her best friend. "She's not a friend she's just a kid who likes archery and now she thinks she's my partner."

"Sounds like your partner's to me. You look like you'd be a great team" She teased, Clint glared at her but Kate smiled.

Wanda POV

It had been three hours since Nat left, I knew where she went so I wasn't too worried about it because I obviously trust Clint but I hated how everything happened.

Yelena was feeling better today but she was very whiny mood which I didn't mind too much. I didn't feel very happy either. No one was happy, y/n was still a little mad at me, yelena missed Nat and I was angry at myself and wanted nat back. I wanted my family back, for everything to go back to normal.

"Hey baby." I fake smiled as I walked over to the little. "Are you hungry?" She nodded with a pout. "Okay, I'll make some Mac and cheese in a minute, can you get changed for me? Look I'll help." I picked up the first outfit I saw and held it out to her but she shook her head. "Put this on and I will let you have anything you want for lunch." Once again she shook her head and i sighed.

"I'm gonna get lunch ready can you get yelena dressed, she won't let me do it." I asked y/n who had just finished cleaning up the toys from the floor. "Mhm." They replied in an annoyed tone before leaving I sighed, it was going to be a long week.

***

Wanda was right they still hadn't heard from Natasha by the end of the week, yelena's moods were all over the place, she was crying and being cling, always wanting hugs one day, the next she was throwing tantrums (and every toy and stuffed animal she could find.)

What didn't help was Wanda was trying to keep the peace so gave her everything she wanted so y/n by default had to be "the bad guy" and tell her off or put her in timeouts. It was driving a wedge between them and y/n couldn't handle it anymore.

"Wanda, I need to talk to you." They said sternly. "Okay." She replied putting down the toy she was playing with and kissing yelena on the head. "I'll be right back baby."

"Okay, I don't like how you're treating me when it comes to yelena. Whenever she acts out you always clean it up and says it's okay when it's not, and it's always me who has to do punishments and now she keeps avoiding me and calling me names. I know you want to help and you feel bad but giving her everything she wants isn't going to help her." When I finished Wanda was smiling and I didn't understand it.

"Thank you." I frowned, why would she thank me. "For communicating with me. I didn't know you felt that way and I'm sorry, I really was trying to keep the peace but that's not the way to do it. I will talk to her." Whilst those two talked I called Natasha to see how she was. She didn't answer but I got a call a few seconds later from Clint.

"Hey y/n, one second. Nat take the phone and talk to y/n or I'm unplugging the TV." I heard a small huff before nats voice. "What do you want?" She groaned. "Nat be nice." I heard Clint yell and I chuckled slightly, he really was a dad. "Hey baby, how are you?"

"Kay." I smiled knowing she had dropped, she always had an attitude when she was fighting it. "That's good. I was just thinking maybe me and mommy and Lena could come and visit for a day or two."

"No!" Nat whined, by the sound i assume she threw the phone but Clint picked it up. "Hey y/n, owner of the house here. How would you like to come over today and maybe stay a night or two?"

"Okay, thanks Clint. Bye, bye nat" I said before hanging up and going to tell the girls. "We go see natty?!" Yelena exclaimed jumping up and down. "Yes baby but we need to go pack some bags and get ready." After we finished packing I walked in and yelena was in her pyjamas, I looked at Wanda and knew what she was thinking. "Babe, she won't take a nap on the jet." Wanda looked at me with a smile and shrugged. "it's still worth a try. She's tired."

"Yes but it takes her a while to fall asleep and by then she'll wake up again, she would've only had a small nap and she won't go down again later." I sighed, but Wanda shook her head. "That won't happen, but if it doesn't work and she ends up being cranky I will deal with her the rest of the day, I promise." I reluctantly agreed.

It worked a little, she slept for just under an hour before we got to Clint's house which wasn't as much as I had hoped she would nap today but it wasn't bad. We greeted everyone, including someone I had never met before and went up to our room to leave our bags. Nat was sat by Clint on the floor holding ted clearly scared of going over to Kate. Yelena however walked straight over and sat beside her, watching TV.

"Nat do you want to join them?" I asked but she shook her head, in fact now yelena was over there she seemed even more uncomfortable. "Do you want to come upstairs with me?" She nodded and took my hand.

"Do you wanna talk about anything?" She nodded and pointed to my ring, "Why has Dat?" I smiled remembering everything that happened. "This is an engagement ring baby, mommy gave it to me when she asked me to marry her." I smiled at her but I could tell she didn't have the same feelings about it. "No." She whined hiding her face in the duvet. "What? You don't want us to get married?" She shook her head with another whine. "why not?"

"You didn ask me." Nat looked up and her eyes were teary, "what do you mean baby?" I asked brushing the hair out of her face. "You say we family an nothin gun change bu you wan get marrys an you didn even tell me. An I wan help." I frowned, feeling bad now before having a lightbulb moment. "Baby, I bought mommy a ring too, you can help me ask mommy tomorrow. I was going to ask her before she asked me but now you can be a part of it too and so can yelena."

"No, jus natty not Lena." I sighed, it was going to be hard to get everyone back to being a family again.

If you have any ideas about proposal take 2 please lmk :)