Part 44

Sorry...

This chapter isn't too sad though, also I suck at writing action but this is basically just them in Wakanda so yk.

"Okay here is the plan. We will handle all of this mess whilst Shuri takes care of vision." Steve announced when they arrived in Wakanda. "I don't need to remind you what is at stake here. Half the universe is counting on us to protect them, and the way we do that is protecting that stone." Everyone was preparing to leave so Wanda grabbed Natasha to bring her into a hug. "Are you sure you can handle this?" Wanda asked, lifting the little's chin.

"Wanda I will be fine."Nat said playfully rolling her eyes, "I know, just stay close to me okay?" Nat was about to respond but she heard Steve's voice over everyone else's. "Wanda, you need to stay here with Shuri, you are the only one who can destroy the stone."

Everyone stopped and watched as Wanda's face fell.
"But I have to-I have to stay with her. I have to protect her, I promised y/n" Wanda argued, trying not to get overly emotional. "It's fine wanda, go, they need you." Nat pushed Wanda's hand away trying to avoid Wanda's eyes.

"No! I need to be with you,  am I the only one who can see what's going on here?! You guys need my help, I'm not leaving her." Wanda clenched her fists, getting increasingly irritated at the soldier.

"Wanda, she will be fine. We need to go now. Nat, come on." He gestured with his head, Nat gave Wanda a sorry look before leaving her. She kept glancing back hoping Wanda wouldn't be mad at her but Wanda eventually nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat. "It's okay baby, I love you detka." She shouted after the russian. "I love you mommy!" Wanda's eyes filled with tears as she watched her baby walk away.

"Stay close to me and tell me if something tries to kill you." Okoye said as they waited for the next command. "On my signal, open the barrier." T'challa said, looking at all the people standing next to him ready to protect their universe. Nat took a deep breath watching the barrier open and saw the monsters charging.

Nat took a step forward and to the left so she was slightly more hidden behind okoye, who put her arm out to shield her. It was a small gesture, Natasha knew it wouldn't be very effective but it did make her feel a lot safer somehow.

As they ran towards the monsters, Nat felt her heart beating even faster but she listened to her orders and stayed close to the others.

Wanda could hear the faint sounds of yelling so she glanced out the window to see the barriers open, both sides running into the middle in a chaotic battle. "Natasha" She whispered in a worried tone. Wanda turned around and headed towards the exit, desperate to find her baby but she was stopped by shuri.

"Wanda! What are you doing? I need you, I've barely started." Shuri panicked, not looking up from her work.
"The barriers open, it's a mess out there. I can't leave her, I need to go help them! I need to help her!" Wanda argued.

"You can't leave Wanda, they are going to be fine, my brother knows what he's doing. He's an idiot but he's not stupid"

Shuri watched Wanda's face, for any kind of reaction but she didn't even crack a smile. "Like the captain said, we need you here more, she will be fine. They will make sure of it."

Wanda paused, and took a few deep breaths. "She's going to be okay...She will be okay. She has Steve and Tony, she's fine. She's okay" she whispered to herself trying not to look out of the window.

***
Nat had been fighting next to Okoye for about almost an hour, she felt surprisingly safe knowing Okoye was there, even though she was still worried about Wanda and y/n.