Part 36

Heyyo! 

TW: past abuse, threats, violence and injury, blood, panic attacks, making jokes about serious topics, implied/referenced sexual assault?

Natasha laid in her bed cowering as the lightning thrashed outside. She clutched her teddy bear silently begging for the storm to be over. When another thunder clapped she let out a whimper, rubbing her tears away with the bear's fur.

"Oh sweet Natalia." A man's voice filled the room. "You never learn, do you. Widow's don't cry and they certainly don't have teddy bears, Widow's cannot be little's. I think it's time you finally learnt that lesson." Another bolt of lightning revealed the face of a man that made Natasha's heart sink to her stomach.

"No." Natasha whimpered against Ted. "He can't save you Natalia, not even your precious Wanda will be able to help you when I'm through with you. Not that she would want to because you're bad and bad girls don't deserve help. No one could ever love a bad girl like you, Natalia. You're a monster." He laughed with a sickening smirk.

Nat woke up with a jolt as she tried to catch her breath. "Ted?" She mumbled patting the bed with no sign of the teddy. "He can't save you Natalia." Those words rang in her head until she couldn't even hear the rain outside the window. If he took the bear that means he would probably come back for her.

She couldn't wake up Wanda, she wouldn't care anyway. Nat heard a tapping noise at the window so she jumped out of bed and ran out the bedroom door. She made it to the end of the corridor when she heard footsteps behind her. She tried to run faster but when she turned the corner, she slipped, landing on her hands and knees. The pain and fear became too much and she started bawling, still resting on her knees. "Nat!" A male voice called after her, she felt herself being lifted up.

Without thinking to check who it was she swung her elbow back, landing a hit on the man's nose. "Don't you ever touch me again!" She shouted, punching his eye and swiping the man's legs from underneath him.

"Nat!" Steve huffed, wiping the blood from his nose. "What is going on?" Another voice appeared followed by the flick of the light switch. Nat pulled out her gun, pointing it at the man who froze for a second before raising his hand.

"Natasha. Put the gun down." He said surprisingly calmly. "You're stuck in a memory, it's not real. Can you see me?" Natasha shook her head. "Good. So you know I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to protect you okay." Nat gave a slight nod there were only a few people Natasha would trust, especially blindly, yet Clint was always one of them.

"So you know I mean it when I say it's safe and you can put down the gun?" The Russian paused for a moment before lowering the gun slightly.

"I'd say this was better if it wasn't aimed at my penis." Clint chuckled slightly.

Nat knew only Clint would make a joke like that so it must really be him she was trying to shoot. "I'm sorry." She whispered, dropping her gun. "It's alright Tasha, it will be over in a minute. Close your eyes and just focus on my voice." Nat did as she was told until she felt more in control.

She cried out with relief when she saw the archer smiling at her. "Clint!" She sighed running into his arms. "Hey, you scared me for a minute there." Clint smiled, patting Nat's back. When the spy lifted her head, breaking away from the hug, she saw the super soldier standing there with blood smeared down his face and his shirt.

"I hurt you?" Nat whispered, her voice breaking. "I'm a fast healer." Steve stated with a small smile, "besides it wasn't even a good punch, that's what you get for not training for two weeks. Though the leg swipe was good, I will give you that." Steve was hoping the spy would cheer up or at least feel better because he knew she was always too hard on herself. Though he wasn't upset at her in the slightest he knew how horrible she must have felt.