Part 18

Language warning

'I don't think I can do this.' Loki tensed up. 'You just basically kidnapped me so you can prove a point to your father now he's literally on the other side of the door you bail? Grow up Loki!' He looked shocked but smiled all the same. We walked through the door to see a very shocked Odin. 'Hello father. Did you miss me?' He said sarcastically. 'Loki, I don't have time for this where is your brother?'

'You never did have time for me did you? Thor never had that problem, if you couldn't accept me as your own why did you take me in?' Odin avoided that question. 'Tell me where my son is or I will have you locked up for crimes against the future king.' Loki smiled. 'I'd only be joining Thor then, your minions locked him away. Besides that throne is as much mine as Thor's it is my birthright to rule.' He said a tear forming in his eye. 'You're birthright was to die as a child! And we all would have been much better off if you did.'

'Why? Because I'm a frost giant? Because I'm the monster people tell their children about? I wondered why you favoured Thor all these years but now I know why! You could never have a frost giant on the throne of Asgard.' Odin laughed. 'Finally you learn, I guess the years locked up did you some good, how about a few more?' The men marched towards Loki. I used mjolnir to knock them all to the floor. 'Come on!' Loki reached out for me I took his hand as he opened a portal.

'Loki Odinson you walk through there you will never set foot on Asgard again the pair of you!' I stuck up my middle finger up as we left. We crashed onto the table in the compound. 'You really need to learn how to aim.' Wanda rushed up to me 'y/n!' she pulled me off the table and into a hug. 'Are you okay? are you hurt?' She started pulling at me scanning for injuries. 'Wanda I'm fine!' Tony frowned. 'Not that I care but where's Thor? Wait where's banner? Did you lose my best friend?!'

'Fuck.' Loki gabbed my hand again and pulled me back through the portal. 'Hey guys!' I landed perfectly this time, Loki did not. 'Ow.' He flipped his hair back. 'Brother!' Thor pulled Loki into a hug then punched him. 'Okay we can do this later, Loki take my hand Thor take Bruce and let's get this over with.' Me and Loki went first followed by thor and Bruce. I rolled off the table again as thor came crashing through landing on Loki, Bruce landing on him. I burst out laughing. 'That was fun, Loki ever thought about becoming a human rescue mat you're a natural. He gave me a death stare.

After everyone got off the human pileup Wanda hugged me again. 'I wasn't gone that long.' She tilted her head. 'I thought something bad happened to you with that psycho taking you.' Loki didn't even take offence. 'Well we're both fine so you can relax.'

'Okay release my mind control so we can help Nat.' He smiled 'what mind control?' I clenched my fists. 'Loki we had a deal.' He pressed his hand against my shoulder keeping me an arms length from him. 'I didn't mind control you, If i did you wouldn't know so how can you tell me to take it off. I felt wrong about it so... i didn't. Now let's get your ginger ninja friend back.' I smiled. 'Wait so you didn't make me care about you?' He smiled and shook his head. 'Nope but you must really love me.' I rolled my eyes. 'I tolerate you, you're a good friend Loki... sometimes. Besides the whole you not mind controlling me thing... does that mean you care about me too?' He smiled. 'Maybe a little.'

We waited for the visiting times to go give Nat her memories back but after trying for a while Loki sighed and frowned at me. 'I'm sorry, I can't fix it anymore than this.' I look at him confused. 'I gave her her memories back but she won't remember you fully yet.'

'So she knows who I am now?' Loki sighed trying to find a way to explain. 'She knows you are friends and you look after her but she doesn't remember being little or you being a caregiver, I've never wiped a littles memory before it's too complicated to fix.'

'But I can win her back right?' He nodded. 'It will be like the beginning, once she learns to trust you again her little brain will allow her to function as normal I expect. It will be like when the red room trained her not to be little except it's her brain stopping her this time. Although she will be even more reserved, she thinks her last caregiver abandoned her too.' My heart ached at the last part, I would never abandon Nat. But I got through to her once but surely this time we already know each other so it should be easier.... Should be.

'Hey Natasha you're awake!' Nat smiled at Tony's voice, finally something familiar she remembered. 'Nat?' I held back tears I saw nats eyelids open. 'Y/n?' She sat up looking at me. 'I missed you so much.' A tear rolled down. 'I remember you now, why didn't I before?' I wiped away the tear. 'Don't worry about that now the only thing that matters is that you're better.' She nodded relieved. 'You gave us quite a scare natty.' Clint smiled from the corner she shot him a smile back. 'You always did underestimate me, I'm fine.' I noticed a slight break in her voice when she said she was fine, she wasn't it was the voice she did when she was fighting herself not to slip.

'Guys we should let Nat get some rest.' She smiled appreciatively. 'We'll see you tomorrow Nat, take care of yourself okay?' Wanda asked Nat rolled her eyes playfully but nodded. Everyone said their goodbyes and we went back to the compound.

The next day we got a call that Nat was free to go home so Tony got me to pick her up.
'You excited to go home?' Nat nodded, she sat in the front seat and didn't really say anything to me so I just let her have some space.

'Hey Nat! Welcome home!' A chorus of welcomes echoed as Nat came in. 'Thanks guys I'm a little tired though can I go to bed for a bit?' Everyone excused her I followed behind with her bag, she tried taking it but I insisted on carrying it. 'There you go if you need anything let me know.' I smiled to her before I left. 'Thanks.' She muttered softly. 'No problem.' I say as I shut the door behind me.