Part 41

Heyyo

This is very short I apologise.

Feel free to yell at me in the comments : )

"He's gone." Wanda's eyes filled with tears as my heart dropped to my stomach.

"Is there anything I can do?" It was a fairly pointless question but what do you say in that situation that could comfort a person who has just had their life torn apart.

"I just want you. Can you please hold me?"

(If you get that reference then you are a legend)

"Yeah of course my love, I can go put Nat down then I will come back and we can cuddle we can even watch dick van dyke if you like?" Wanda gave a small nod.

"But don't." She paused for a moment to swallow a sob, her hand running through Nat's hair. "Dont take her yet." I gave a small nod and waited for the sokovian to speak again.

"It could've been her. If she answered the call she wouldve-" I looked away for a second not wanting her to see me cry. "Everytime I close my eyes I see him lying there... I can't lose her too."

"You're not going to lose her. I won't let anything happen, to either of you." Wanda gave a small nod as her sobs got louder, eventually waking the little.

"Wands?" Nat asked sitting up. "Wands otays?" When the witch didnt respond Nat looked at me, her eyes losing the innocence and joy she usually carried around so I had assumed she was big.

"Whats going on?" She asked looking between both of us. "Nat come with me for a minute okay?" I asked trying to hide my shaking voice.

"Um Nat Clint sent a distress call earlier this morning." I watched her face fall but she tried to seem composed. "Wanda and Pietro answered it but uh Pietro didn't make it. Clint is okay and his family are safe but uh Pietro is gone."

Nat shook her head trying to stop the tears. "Why- why didnt he call me?"

"He tried but you were asleep, Wanda didnt want to wake you." I watched as she frowned, she seemed almost... angry. "He's never cared about waking me before. I could've helped him. He promised. He told me to call him whenever I needed him he said hed do the same. I- I trusted him."

"Nat this isn't Clint's fault. I told him not to tell you." We both turned to see Wanda stood in the doorway. "Wait this morning... I was awake when you got that call, I had a nightmare and you were putting me back to sleep then you left to answer it. Why didnt you tell me?"

"You were little I- I didn't want to upset you or put you in danger."

Nat frowned. "This is why I hate being little you all just assume I can't protect myself. Im not weak. I can look after myself and I don't need you to protect me. I was perfectly fine BY MYSELF!" Nat shouted running out of the room.

"I really am sorry to interrupt this wholesome family moment but we have a problem." Tony appeared at the door making me sigh. "Tony I don't care who keeps drinking your coffee just buy more we are kind of in the middle of something here."

"Yeah well so is the guy planning to destroy earth so... we might wanna." He said pointing down the hall and clicking his tongue.

"Let's go." Wanda said drying her eyes. "Babe you should stay here I will fill you in, you need to rest." Wanda shook her head. "Im fine." She said her accent more prominent than ever so of course I listened and we headed to the meeting room.

"What is it this time?" Steve asked taking his seat next to bucky, Sam on his left.

"Straight to the point as always Rogers." Tony smirked. "Hey sorry I'm late." Nat said quickly before sitting down opposite me and wanda.

"So?" Steve asked looking at the billionaire. "One word Rogers." Tony said before pausing to pour his coffee.

"Thanos."