Part 12

!Language!

I was sat with the Natasha's family when my phone buzzed. 'Sorry.' I apologised for the interruption they nodded and went back to the conversation. Buzzed again. 'Do you need to take that?' Melina asked. 'You can use the other room for more privacy.' I shook my head and turned it to silent placing it on the table a few seconds later it rang again everyone saw the name. 'Tony Stark? Isn't he that rich man with the very impressive beard?' Alexei questioned I laughed and nodded. 'Must be important, he seems... persistent.' Her eyes filled with an almost anger. This time a bunch of texts came through.

Tony: I know you see my calls.
Tony: we need you kid
Tony: Loki's looking for you. We can't
hold him off much longer you're the only one
who can get through to him.
Tony: Nats in danger

He knew that would get me, it affected Yelena too. I swiftly left the room not realising Yelena was following me. 'Who's Loki?!' She interrogated 'Jeez Yelena you scared me.' I started packing my bag. 'Where are you going?' 'Back home.' She swept her leg across mine knocking me to the floor before pointing a gun at me. 'What the hell yelena?!' She lowered it slightly 'You're not taking her.' I groaned and sat up. 'I know... I'm going alone, I'm going to find them and fix this.' She helped me up but then paused and punched my shoulder. 'You can't leave her here! She'll die. I don't know how to look after her, those two are useless. You're the best person for her.' I smiled at the compliment but she scoffed. 'You know what I meant.' 'Yeah you think I'm better than you at looking after Nat.' 'Shut up.' She muttered putting the gun back.

I called Tony. 'Glad you've got your priorities fixed Barton's on his way to pick you up.'
My heart sank but I ignored it. 'You know the sooner we take Loki down the sooner you  can go back to looking after Nat.' He was right the sooner I go the sooner I would come  back. 'See you in two hours.' He hung up. 'I'll go  distract Nat while you... get ready to go to the ship.' I nodded as a tear rolled down.

After a few minutes I was done crying and packing and went to say goodbye to Nat. 'Baby I've got to run an errand i'll be back real soon.' Nat instantly turned. 'Y/n stay wiv nat?' I shook my head. 'I have to go back home for a tiny bit Tony needs me to fill some forms then I'll come back I promise.' Nat ran and hugged me. 'Nat miss y/n.' She whispered into my neck. 'Y/n will miss Nat too.' We hugged tighter. 'Y/n miss Ted too?!' She asked shoving her bear in my face. 'Yes ted too.' I laughed and kissed teds cheek then kissed Nat's.

'Thanks  for everything.' I looked at Melina and Alexei then yelena. 'Look  after her for me.' I blinked away the tears, placed Nat down and wiped my thumb across her cheek brushing a loose tear from her face. 'See you soon baby girl.' Yelena put her arms around nats shouders from behind and whispered reassurance to her before nodding to me. 'We'll keep her safe I promise.'  I waved goodbye before a knock echoed. I opened the door to see Clint. 'Hey sorry, thought you might want help carrying stuff.' He came in and grabbed a bag. 'Hey cupcake.' He smiled widely at Nat she giggled. We said one last goodbye before leaving.

No ones POV
The next day Nat was out of headspace and confused about the situation. 'Yelena where's y/n gone, or should I say why?' She folded her arms. 'Nat she just went home for work.' Nat wasn't convinced. 'I will ask one.. more... time.' She paused to seem threatening but yelena laughed which infuriated Nat. 'Sorry it's just I can't stop imagining you yelling at me in your little duck pyjamas and pacifier cuddling a teddy bear.' She almost collapsed in laughter. 'It's not funny.' That was a sore spot for Nat, people seeing past the intimidation to what she really was a softie who just wanted to be happy and loved. 'Oh come on you looked so cute.' Nat looked away. 'Just tell me... please.' The last part seemed so full of pain and desperation Yelena couldn't help but tell the truth. 'This Loki guy was after them so they went to help fight him off. That's all I know I swear.'

'Wait Loki? That's the guy who's been following them?!' Yelena paused seeing how extreme Nat's reaction was she knew it wasn't good. 'Now you mention it I think his name was Lofi. You now like a bread loaf but with a y.' Even yelena wasn't convinced nat definitely wasn't. 'Lofi? Really?' She rolled her eyes. 'You just let them go?! Do you know who Loki is? What he's capable of?!' Yelena laughed. 'Obviously not I've been calling him loafy for the last thirty seconds.' 'This isn't a joke yelena!' She started throwing things out of the drawers onto the bed. 'What are you doing?' Yelena asked. 'I'm going to find them.' Yelena walked out and Nat started packing. 'Don't even think about trying to stop me.' 'Who said anything about stopping you?' Nat turned to see yelena with a large bag over her shoulder. 'Ride or die right?' Nat smiled. 'Come on loser let's get this show on the road.' Nat sighed 'and you ruined it jerk.' She barged yelena as she walked through the door down the stairs and out to the jet.

'Shot gun.' Yelena shouted. 'Why are you calling shotgun there's two front seats anyway. 'Because now I get to pick which seat I'm in and I'm driving.' Nat tried grabbing the keys but yelena held them up high. 'Aw can Nat not reach? Really living up to the whole LITTLE a thing aren't you.' Nat lunged towards yelena who dodged it. 'Don't fall it gets you down.' She got in the drivers seat of the jet. 'Hurry up dipshit we don't have all day!' And irate Nat stormed on board. 'No way! You can't drive.' 'First off it's not driving it's flying, second I'm not dying because I let my two year old sister take over, grab your teddy and sippy of juice and shut up.'

'I'm not little asshole.' Nat tried to defend but still grabbed Ted for comfort because she was worried about y/n and Loki. 'Okay and here we go.' Yelena crashed the jet into a tree. 'Tony's going to kill you.' Yelena smirked. 'I'll just tell him the two year old was flying.' 'But I wasn't you can't blame it on me.' Nat gave yelena a devil stare. 'Oh really I thought you weren't a two year old, so how is that blaming you?' Yelena smirked. 'Just shut up you're so mean. Yelena just laughed.

A few hours later Nat had fallen asleep and started having a nightmare yelena switched it to autopilot and crouched beside Nat. 'Stop get away from me! I don' wike it! I don' wike it!' Yelena gently shook Nat, who woke up with a start. 'Hey you're okay.' She grabbed nats hand. 'I- I wan' I- I' Nat started hyperventilating. 'Hey Shh it's ok breathe and tell me.' 'Teds gone' yelena scanned the jet and eventually saw him under the chair.
'Here ya go, he was playing hide and seek.' She tucked the teddy under nats arm. 'You want some juice?' Nat nodded 'pwease Lena.' She smiled and handed Nat a green sippy cup full of juice, Nat instantly started drinking and calmed down. 'It's okay go to sleep.' She saw Nat fighting to keep her eyes closed but she soon relaxed and let sleep consume her.