Part 56

Wanda was awoken the next morning with a text from Steve, he was going to train and he needed someone to watch yelena, Wanda got dressed in a bathrobe and headed to the living room where she was. "Hey yelena, do you want to hang out with me? We can play if you want?" Yelena nodded excitedly, grabbing one of her cars and handing it to Wanda. "Always with the cars." Steve chuckled before leaving. (idk why I imagine her liking toy cars and m&ms so much but its canon in these books now so yeah)

"Okay Lena, cars it is. Are you hungry?" The blonde shook her head, she definitely was but she was promised a game of cars and nothing was gonna interrupt that now. Wanda had a slight suspicion that wasn't the truth but she sat down with her anyway.

Wanda found playing cars way more exciting than she had expected, they had used random objects to build ramps and obstacles for the cars, she had gotten so immersed in playing she didn't notice the footsteps coming up behind her.

"Mommy." Nat whispered rubbing her eyes, she was worried Wanda would get mad at her for interrupting so she did it as softly as possible.

When there was no response Nat spoke a little louder but again she didn't get any reply, she thought the third try should've been more than loud enough for the sokovian to hear. Maybe Wanda was ignoring her on purpose. "Sorry." She whimpered quietly before heading back to bed.

After another ten minutes of playing Wanda decided it was time to get the little fed. She decided on eggs and toast, the blonde continued to play whilst the food was being made and once it was done Wanda left her to eat and went to check on Natasha.

"Hey baby, it's time to wake up, breakfast will be done soon." Wanda smiled walking over to the bed where Natasha was pretending to be asleep. She tried a few more times, getting more confused each time, it was never usually this hard, she would have at least gotten some response by now. "Baby?" Wanda frowned, sitting on the bed. "You okay?" She asked, earning a huff from the russian. "No."

"Well, is there any way I can make you feel better? Maybe we can just wear comfy clothes and have a movie day?" Wanda suggested. "Okay." Nat sighed, just wanting to get the sokovian off her back. "I'll grab you some clothes, if you want you can go grab a shower." Nat shook her head hiding further under the blankets until the witch returned. "Okay, two choices, which ones?" Nat stuck her head out before huffing rolling her eyes. "No."

"What? They're comfy." Wanda frowned holding up two different onesies. "I don't want pajamas Wanda!" Nat yelled, making the sokovian flinch slightly, "okay." She said trying to hide the hurt in her voice, "well you never said you didn't want pajamas. I'm sorry, I just thought you'd look cute."

"Well I'm saying it now. I don't want stupid pyjamas! And I don't want to look cute." Nat huffed walking off, returning with a hoodie and some joggers. "This is why I don't want your stupid help! I can do it by myself."

"Okay, I don't know why you're acting like this but I don't appreciate it. So I will leave you alone, I'll be here when you want me."

"Thank yous for brefast wands and for play wiv mes." Yelena smiled, "you are very welcome lena. Do you want to watch something with me?" The blonde smiled, enthusiastically nodding, today was looking like it was going to be an amazing day for her.

"Okay you go pick something to watch I'm just going to make Nat some toast and I will be right there." Yelena nodded with a smile before choosing cars the movie and pausing it.

Wanda made some nutella toast and set it outside her door, knocking and leaving. She even went as far as to cut the strawberries up into small pieces to arrange as a heart on each side.

When she returned she found Yelena waiting with a smile, "hey, you didn't have to wait for me, but thank you. Where do you want me to sit?" She asked not wanting the girl to feel uncomfortable. "Wands here." Yelena smiled pointing to the space next to her.

Half way through the movie Wanda noticed a teary eyed Nat standing with her teddy under one arm, her blanket in the other hand. "Yelena, you keep watching, I will be right back okay?" Yelena nodded, not looking away from the tv.

"I sorry mommy." Nat cried, reaching out for her, "I know baby girl." Wanda sighed, picking her up. "I shouldn have yelled an be so mean to yous it's not nice." The russian sobbed. "No it wasn't, can you tell me why you did? Can you tell me what's wrong?" But Ntasha was so upset she could barely form words instead she kept gasping for breaths against her neck.

"Nat, baby. You need to calm down. Come on, take some deep breaths." Wanda whispered softly, rubbing her back. After a few moments she was finally able to talk, "you ignore me, an you promis you wouldnt like lena more."

"I ignored you?" Wanda asked, trying to think how that could be possible. "You was playin wif lena n i keep sayin mommy bu you didn listen. You jus kept playin."

"Oh baby, I am so sorry. Mommy didn't hear you, I wasn't trying to ignore you." Wanda frowned, hugging her even tighter. "I love you so much detka, I could never love anyone more than I love you. Come on, let's sit with yelena and watch something together and have some cuddles."