Chapter Fifteen

Season Two Episode Four: Greening the Cube

"I think that's enough," Millie said, walking forwards and picking up Scout, who had fought like he'll in her match against Blake. She scratched her head as a reward, telling her how well she had done.

Allura had asked Millie to help her with training Blake, so that was what they were doing as the others fixed some sort of contraption outside of the castle. Blake was a tough fighter, but Scout had worked hard to be at the skill level she was at, and was capable of keeping up just barely. The match ended with both Pokemon tired and panting, but both fully ready to continue if their trainers commanded them to.

Scout had improved greatly since her first battle, and Millie couldn't be more proud. She had actually tied with Blake, after all, and she couldn't even win against a Diglet on her first fight.

Blake also seemed happier with Allura. She was more social and more cooperative now that she was in the right hands, and while Millie couldn't help but be a bit sad that hers weren't said hands, she was glad that Blake had found someone she liked.

As they went to the Bridge, they came across the other Paladins, Pidge explaining that they had just taken a shower after playing with weird spores.

"It's some sort of signal," Pidge explained. Millie followed her down to the lion Bay, where Pidge released a magnetize, who helped her as she began running a bunch of experiments, trying to decode it.

She got some weird language from it , and began trying to translate as the words shifted before Millie's eyes.

"It essentially just says 'Galra, help,'" she said. She squinted. "And then coordinates.

"How did you know that?"

"I guess carulems pick up languages faster?" she suggested. "It seemed almost natural to read..."

Pidge hummed. "Gather everyone, would you?"

-☆-☆-☆-

Everyone was gathered in the bay, Pidge explaining everything that was going on. After everyone was done discussing it, they were in their way to Olkarion, to help out the Olkari who were supposedly literal geniuses.

"An Olkari once gave me this!" Coran said, holding up a black cube before letting go. It stayed floating in the air.

"What is it?" asked Lance.

"A floating cube!" Coran laughed. "Oh, this guy... and watch!" He cleared his throat. "My name is Coran, and I'm a gorgeous man!"

The cube echoed his words, leaving Pidge to look amazed. She was looking at it from all angles, her Magnemite who she hadn't put away was also looking at it amazed.

"Why would a society full of literal tech wizards use spores to send a distress signal?" Keith asked.

"Who cares!" Pidge said. "When do we get to see that city?"

"Actually, Pidge, the distress signal isn't coming from the city," Allura said. "It's coming from the forest." Pidge's mood instantly dropped.

-☆-☆-☆-

They were flying above the forest, trying to find the Olkari and making conversation with each other.

"Why doesn't anyone send a distress signal from a cool place?" Pidge asked. "I hate the outdoors. Nothing but sunburn and poison oak."