Chapter Thirty Eight

Season Six Episode One: Omega Shield

"To return so triumphantly is a dream I thought I would never achieve," Lotor said as they flew back to the command ship. "We are one step closer to bringing peace and prosperity to the entire universe." He turned to Allura. "This is all because of you, Princess."

"We did it together, Lotor," Allura told him, smiling. "Without you, I never would have known about Oriande, and therefore couldn't have unlocked its secrets."

They got on to the command ship, getting to the throne room, Shiro talking about a briefing and intel before getting cut off.

"Lotor," an elderly Galra woman called out.

Lotor went wide-eyed. "Oh no," he muttered as the woman and a Magearna approached.

"Uh... who the heck are you?" Lance asked.

"How dare you speak to me without authorization from blood Emperor Lotor?" the woman asked, cracking what looked like a whip.

"She was my governess," Lotor said. He turned to address the woman. "No one has used the term blood Emperor since before we were a star-faring race," he said. "And these are my colleagues. They have more than my permission to speak. Everyone, this is Dayak." Everyone gave their greetings, Lotor asking why she was there.

"Word of your victory at the Kral Zera has spread throughout the empire," Dayak explained. "I always knew you had it in the to crush your enemies. Dayak's raised you from a child to a man, and now I'll witness your ascension to the throne!"

Lance laughed. "Wait, she raised you from a child?" he asked. "Aww, is this your nanny?"

"Governess," Lotor corrected.

"You have a nanny! Aw man, is she gonna read you bedtime stories? She gonna rock you to sleep? Is she gonna-- Ow!" Lance cried out as he was hit by Dayak.

"I instructed Lotor is the ways of the Galra," Dayak said. "The history of our conquests, our customs, battle philosophy, the art of war."

"Galra customs, huh?" Hunk asked. "Is that when you guys say, like, "vrepit sa" and stuff? There's so much we don't know about you."

"If you're interested in our society's history, you couldn't find a better teacher than Dayak," Lotor said.

"What Lotor says is true," Dayak said, looking proud of herself."

"Oh, wow. Would you really teach me about the Galra?" Hunk asked.

"What do you wanna know about the Galra for?" Lance asked.

"We're gonna be working with Lotor to bring peace throughout the empire, right?" Hunk asked. "Makes sense that the more we know about their society, the better."

"If you are to learn the ways of the Galra, you must prepare for the most challenging trials you have ever faced. There will be no turning back," Dayak said. "Victory, or death."

"Uh, that's okay."

"Hunk, you're a Paladin of Voltron," Allura said. "There is no challenge too great for you."

Hunk hummed in consideration. "Will I learn what vrepit sa means?"

"Yes."

"Let's do it!" Hunk followed Dayak away.

"Let's get to that briefing," Shiro said.

After a quick briefing and a speech from Lotor to any Galra yet to pledge their allegiances to a side, an alarm started going off. A Galra showed up on screen, explaining that Sendak had attacked and they were left vulnerable to a radiation belt. Team Voltron immediately were on their way.