Chapter Twenty Eight

Season Three Episode Six: Tailing a Comet

He found him. Keith had found Shiro.

After bringing him aboard, letting him rest , eat, drink and shave, they had had to leave so soon, getting no time to talk with him or catch up really.

So as Lance announced he had his eyes on the targets, Keith rushed in and began slicing sentries in half.

"Hey, Keith, I had that guy!" Lance complained.

Millie used her whip to grab one of the sentries, swing it into multiple others and taking them out. She vaguely saw Lance shoot the door, closing it so no more sentries could get in.

Everyone began protecting pidge as she began hacking into the outpost, turning it and everything inside of it off.

"Great job, Pidge," Keith said.

"That's the last outpost in this quadrant," she reported.

"Call the Blade of Marmora, let them know this base is cleared," Keith commanded, Millie getting on that.

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie was doing a couple things at her station when the doors opened and Shiro walked through, his Staraptor at his side after he and his Pokémon had reunited.

"Great job out there everyone," he congratulated. "You've really turned the tide in this war. I'm glad you never lost sight of the mission while I was gone."

"You're looking better," Lance said. "How are you feeling?"

"Good! Just trying to get rid of this weird headache."

"Guys! I think I have something here!" Pidge said excitedly. She went on to talk about how she downloaded stuff from the base they had just taken out, and that she had found something on Lotor.

"Do you know where he is?" Keith asked

"Well, not exactly, no, but the last three sightings of his command ship have been in the Va'Kar quadrant."

"Nice work Pidge," Shiro said. "Although, those quasrants are massive. How will we pinpoint his location?"

"That comet is made from the same material as Voltron," Hunk said. "Maybe I can scan the emission spectrum for fraunhoffer lines. Like when I found the Blue Lion!"

"But you know those emission are subject to free induction decay," Pidge argued. "Those are exponential drop-offs."

"Yeah, but if you could find a way to amplify the sensors-- no, there'd be way too much interference. What of instead we increase the SA magnitude?"

"The spires of the castle!"

"Genius!"

They both ran off.

"Look at those little nerdlings go," Millie said, proud of whatever they were doing even if she didn't understand any of it.

"Let's set a course for the Va'Kar quadrant while they get started on that detector," Shiro suggested. "We need to work fast. Who knows what Lotor has planned for that comet."

-☆-☆-☆-

Hunk announced that they found the comet, and everyone got to their stations, chasing after it as it rushed away from them.