Chapter Thirty

Season Four Episode Four: The Voltron Show!

"Good new, there's been an upsurge of planets that have been liberated from Galra control by the Blade of Marmora," Shiro said. Everyone was gathered on the bridge, Millie's Pokémon released to let them.get exercise. "Convincing these planets to join our coalition is priority number one."

"Does that mean more Voltron events?" Coran asked.

"Yes. Believe it or not the Voltron show of arms goes a long way in inspiring other people to fight." Shiro brought up a map. "The green cluster here, here, and here represent planets and in some cases even entire star systems that have joined the coalition. Not coincidentally, those are also the areas we've already visited."

"Alright, Razzle-dazzle time!" Lance yelled. Everyone looked at him. "For the war effort, of course."

"Coran, can you set everything up?"

"I know just where to start."

-☆-☆-☆-

Their first show was a disaster.

After dealing with columns for a hospital, Coran had had the crew go into said hospital to put on a play, one which wasn't wasn't well received by the patients. The second show wasn't much better. They had been a day late and unable to perform, the residents of the planet very obviously unhappy in their transmission.

They were in the space mall when they did the third show, Coran giving them a talking to right beforehand.

"It's official, we've hit rock bottom," Pidge said.

"Yeah, I don't know if this is the best place to get our message out to the widest audience," Shiro said.

"Shiro, baby, you're right," Coran said. Oh yeah, and he was acting crazy, too. Well, crazier than normal. "And I want what you want, man. But I've had some epiphanies, some ideas, some realizations. What we have to do is broadcast a show across the entire galaxy. We could reach the largest viewership in the history of intergalactic showbiz!"

"Aw yeah!" Lance cheered.

"But we need to workshop some things before we can take it to the next level. You with me kid?" Coran winked at Pidge.

"You seem... different," she said.

"You mean better!" Coran yelled. "Look, it's my mission to make sure our message really sings! Beautiful aliens from here to Vlexlar will know your names, and your coalition will put the Galra's army to shame."

"Well, it rhymes, so it must be true," Hunk said.

"I guess we'll give it a try," Shiro sighed.

They were taken backstage by Coran, who began giving them instructions.

"Okay, we've got the air shoe down, which is great! But we need to add a theatrical element to expand," Coran said. "The hospital performance was a disaster, but I think it could work if you follow my guidelines, guys. Rule number one, never walk on stage, alright? You gotta leap onto stage! Roll onto stage! I'm talking explode onto stage!"

"Yeah!" Lance cheered.

"Number two, don't just say your line, shout your line! Louder is better! And finally, strike a pose after every movement! Everyone loves a pose!"