Chapter Three

Season One Episode One: The Rise of Voltron Pt.3

"Did we find the Red Lion yet?" Shiro asked.

"Yeah," Coran said, tugging on his moustache. "There's a bit of good news, and a bit of bad news. Good news is, the Red Lion's nearby. Bad news is that it's currently on a Galra ship orbiting Arus. But wait, good news again! We're Arus!"

"They're here already?" Shiro asked, taking a step forwards.

"Yes. Guess my calculations were a bit off. Finger counting is more and art than a science, really," Coran said, holding up his fingers.

A screen appeared on the window of the castle, showing a purple, fuzzy creature with one robotic red eye and cat-like ears.

"Princess Allura, this is commander Sendak of the Galra Empire," Sendak said. "I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the Known Universe. I am here to confiscate the Lions of Voltron. Turn them over, or I will destroy your planet."

"Okay, let's not panic," Shiro said as soon as Sendak dissapeared.

"Not panic?" Hunk asked m he then started to ramble about how it was a great opportunity to panic, and that they should all escape.

Everyone else joined in on the fight about whether or not they should leave or not. Lance and Hunk wanted to form a snake out of the lion's they had that worked, and leave, but Pidge and Keith wanted to stay.

"Millie, you want to leave too, right?" Hunk asked, hopeful.

"I'm not afraid of a fucking furry, Hunk," Millie said. She heard Keith and Pidge laugh a little, while Lance and Hunk just looked really awkward.

"Guys! Stop!" Shiro yelled, making everyone stop what they were doing. "Princess Allura, these are you're lions, and you've dealt with the Galra Empire before. What do you say we should do?"

"I... I don't know," Allura stuttered out.

"Perhaps your father could help," Coran suggested.

"My father?" Allura asked.

She and Coran rushed off, leaving everyone else to do their own things, which probably wasn't a good idea. Millie got out her new Zorua and gave it a Super Potion, making it go back to normal. It saw Millie and growled, its fluffy tail dropping down.

Millie pit her hands up. "Hey, I was helping you," Millie said. The Zorua sniffed and turned away from the dark-haired girl, sitting down.

Allura came back into the room in a suit with all her hair up in a tight bun, which didn't really seem possible to Millie, and the Zorua took the chance to run, only to be zapped back into the Pokéball it was previously captured in.

"You six paladins were brought here for a reason," Allura said. "The Voltron Lions can be piloted by you, and you alone. We must fight, and keep fighting until we defeat Zarkon. It is our destiny. Voltron is the Universe's only hope. We are the Universe's only hope."

"We're with you, Princess," Shiro told her.

Allura took them to a dark room, and the lights quickly turned on to reveal six pods like the ones Allura and Coran were in. Each pod held a different suit of armour, each one having different color on it.

Millie found the white set and walked over to it. It was mostly white, but the parts that had a different color on the other suits had a lot of specks on it ranging from a very light grey, all the way to black.

"Team," Shiro said. "It's time to suit up."

Everyone did as they were told, and Allura then gave them each a bayard, which was the weapon that paladins normally used. Hunks was a machine gun, Lance got an energy rifle, Keith got a sword and figure out how to get a shield from his armour, and Pidge got a small, angular katar.