Chapter Sixteen

Season Two Episode Five: Eye of the Storm

Everyone quickly got to their stations, getting prepared to wormhole.

"How did he find us?" Allura asked.

"One of his commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion," Keith said.

"We need to wormhole, now!" Shiro said. "We've got to put some distance between ourselves and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives."

"Can you even evade all of these fighters?" Millie asked.

"I can try."

Shiro Lance and Keith all started using their attack disc things to lay down covering fire, with Pidge spotting Galra fighters for them as Lance and Keith fought.

"Not the time, boys," Millie said, annoyed as she helped prepare for the jump.

"Hunk, how are the defenses holding?" Shiro asked.

"I dunno. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe?" Hunk yawned. "Everything's a blur I've been up too long I have tired eyes."

"I know we just came out of an intense battle but be gotta stay focused, just until we jump."

"And when is that?" Keith asked.

"They're still too close, we need to gain more speed," Coran told everyone.

Allura used the moon from a nearby planet to gain speed using its gravity, and they wormholed away. Alarms were still going off.

"Coran?" Shiro asked. "Why are the alarms still on?"

"Teludav lens malfunction," Coran explained. "We're about to exit this wormhole a lot sooner than we planned!"

They exited the wormhole to a place with what looked like chunks of ice or crystals floating around.

"Looks like some sort of iceberg graveyard," Lance said.

"Coran, what's the status?" Allura asked.

Coran started speaking, but Millie was focused on Allura who wasn't looking too good. She rushed over just before Allura collapsed, catching her before she could hit the ground.

"You don't look too hot," Millie said. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine," Allura insisted.

"I'll go check out the main turbine and figure out what going-- Woah!" Coran slipped and slid into the wall as he was talking about fixing the teludav.

"Are you alright?" Lance asked.

"I'm fine," Coran said. "I tell you what, I've probably hit a slippery spot on the floor. Someone clean that up!" He pointed to a puddle of... something that wasn't there before.

"You're sweating," Allura pointed out. "You might have a case of the slipperies."

"What? No, that's an old people virus. I'm young! Well, young-ish..."

"What are the slipperies?" Lance asked.

"It's a common Altean virus that occurs later in life," Allura said. "It's not harmful and usually only last a couple of days, but it causes one's body to secrete extremely slick fluid."

Everyone cringed and huddled father away from Coran.

"Ew," Hunk said.

"Yes, it is gross, so it's a good thing I don't have it!" Coran said cheerfully.

"Coran, it's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"I'm not embarrassed because I don't have it! And now, I'm going to actually leave to fix the main turbine," Coran said. He started slipping down the hall. "Quiznak!"