Chapter Fourty Two

Season Six Episode Seven: Defender of All Universes

They managed to form Voltron, staring down Lotor as Keith sent something to the castle. Lotor shot at them, but they brought up their shield and blocked it.

"Hunk, for cannon," Keith commanded.

"You got it!"

They formed the shoulder cannon, aiming for Lotor who just zipped away.

"He's too fast!" Lance said.

"Then we'll have to get in close," Keith said. "Form sword!"

They brought out their sword, Lotor bringing up two and charging them.

"Now we will see how Alfor's legacy stands against the new Altean Defender," Lotor said. He kicked our away, Voltron just barely moving before he managed to slice through them, instead slicing a rock clean in half.

He appeared behind them, barely giving them enough time to bring up their sword to block his. They traded blows, Lotor eventually smacking them away with his tail.

"We can't touch him, he's too fast," Pidge said.

"We need to stop him from moving around so much," Hunk said. "Back him into a corner or something, y'know?"

"Hunk is right," Keith said. "We need to eliminate his speed advantage. Limit his movements." They looked around for a rock they could pin him against.

"There!" Millie said, looking at a rock that would work. They moved towards the asteroid, dodging Lotor's attacks and floating where they needed Lotor to be. "Now to lure him in close."

He took the bait, getting pinned against the asteroid. They all started firing at him, keeping him there, but they stopped when their lasers went through the rock.

"Where did he go?" Hunk asked.

Lotor suddenly appeared behind them, Keith ordering Hunk to use the shoulder cannon on him. He disappeared before it could hit.

"Did we get him?" Lance asked. The area next to them started glowing, and Lotor's ship appeared, punching them and sending them flying into an asteroid.

"How is he so fast?" Pidge asked.

Lotor kept disappearing and reappearing behind them, hitting them over and over again.

"How could he just dissappear like that?" Hunk asked.

"He's entering the quintessence field at will," Allura said.

"Didn't we blow up the gate?" Hunk pointed out.

"How is he entering without it?" Pidge asked.

"Because I gave his ships the ability," Allura regretfully said, hesitating in telling everyone. They were hit again, everyone grunting as they went flying again.

"Unlimited power is mine," Lotor claimed. "All realities will fall to the new Altean Empire!" He entered the field again, this time not reappearing.

"We have to go in after him," Keith said. "Gaining power from the quintessence field is the only way we can match his strength."

"Can we do that?" Hunk asked.

"If he can do it, Voltron can," Pidge said. "Can't we?"

"My father did it once before, but it's extremely dangerous," Allura said.

"Do we have a choice?" Lance asked.

"We need your help, Allura," Millie said. "It may be dangerous but Lotor is even more dangerous. We need to try."