Chapter Thirty Six

Season Five Episode Five: Bloodlines

After sending off Sam with a message from almost everyone to their families and teary temporary goodbye, Millie finally decided it was time to have that day off she had promised Keith she would have. It was a bit late, but he didn't seem to care.

Keith unfortunately had to leave for a mission, so they said their goodbyes and Millie went to the Bridge to board the Galra central command ship with the others, hoping to find more information on Chimera.

"I can't believe we're flying into the belly of the beast," Lance said, which was the first thing she heard when she entered.

"Last time we were here we were fighting the Galra, now we're working with them," Hunk said.

"We have to support Lotor in any way we can," Allura said. "This is our chance to support a new Era of peace."

Millie walked up to the others as the castle approached the command ship, getting a quick greeting from everyone as she did so. When they got close enough, the boarded the Galra ship and were escorted to the throne room, where a bunch of sentries were lined up and Lotor was standing under a flag.

"Thank you for coming, my friends," Lotor said. "I have prepared a new imperial banner to herald our alliance. This is the same symbol that flew over our fathers as they worked together as the original Paladins of Voltron. I hope we can return the universe to that golden age." Everyone stepped forwards, looking at the flag that hung over him. "Since I ascended to the throne, the Galra Empire has been torn apart," Lotor continued. "A sizeable portion has sworn its allegiance to me, however massive factions remain in revolt."

"Uh, okay, the Galra aren't exactly known to turn the other cheek," Hunk said.

"They're more likely to swing the other fist," Lance said, continuing Hunk's statement.

"How do you get an empire that's only known violence for thousands of years to put down their weapons?" Shiro asked.

"By providing them with the very thing they're fighting for," Lotor said, getting closer. "Quintessence. Unlimited amounts of it. And Allura, you are the key to getting it." He turned to everyone else. "I'm sure you'll be interested in inspecting every aspect of the Galra headquarters."

"I'd like to cross-reference our star charts with current Galra troops locations," Shiro said.

"Consider it done."

"You want to sync our intelligence to the Galra headquarters?" Coran asked. "Well, I never thought I'd see the quiznaking quintant!"

Lotor looked to the sentry next to him. "Take them to the record room," he commanded. "You will find everything you need there."

The sentry walked off, Coran and Shiro following it.

"I found a Pokémon on this ship not too long ago," Millie explained. "I'm hoping to find more information on it."

"As you wish," Lotor said. She explained the room to him, and he had a sentry go with her.

She made her way to Chimera's old room, kicking the cage she had found it in out of the way before releasing it and Dallas. Chimera seemed to curl in on itself, recognizing the room, but it looked to Dallas who stood straighter, helping Chimera gain the courage to stand up taller and face its fears.

Millie grabbed a couple documents she hadn't seen before and ordered the sentry to tale her somewhere she could sit comfortably to read. It followed her orders, taking her to a lounge where she sat down on what seemed like the Galra version of a beanbag chair.

-☆-☆-☆-

"It says here that Type: Full is an artificial Pokémon made to be all types at once," Millie said, Dallas looking over her shoulder at where she was pointing. "In the next log, however, it says the expiriement went wrong and Type: Full went berserk due to the overwhelming power thanks to being all types at once, and they had to put a helmet on it, renaming it to Type: Null seeing as the helmet suppressed its powers."

Chimera watched her as she continued reading, explaining as she figured out that Chimera was supposed to be the most powerful Pokémon in the universe; one that could defeat even Arceus.

"Paladins, Back to the castle," Allura's voice said over the speakers. "We're headed to Oriande."